• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterfell (801)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    WINTERFELL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 801
    Jon and Daenerys arrive in Winterfell to a complicated situation, with the army of the dead pressing into the North. While Cersei entertains Euron Greyjoy at King's Landing, Theon attempts to rescue his sister -- and Sam gives Jon some life-altering news.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 May 2019, 09:15 PM.

Interesting start, definately moving the pieces into the right place for the remaining 5 episodes...

Comment

good to know the last year's "insider leaks" were fake

good to see Jon ride a dragon (a real one I mean not Dany)

Comment

speaking of pieces still holding onto hopes Littlefinger faked his death

Comment

Remind me, what were the leaks? There have been so many haha.

How could Littlefinger have faked his death? Although that would be a twist and a half.

Comment

I’m glad they got that reveal out of the way early about Jon. Now we get to see him deal with that for a season.

Also that scene with Lord Umber as a Wight stuck up on that wall might actually be the creepiest thing I’ve seen on television in a long time.

I am thikning that our heroes are going to be split apart soon again. Winterfell is designed to cope with a seige, specifically from the Walkers so it occurs that some will stay to defend Winterfell while the others retreat South, with the night King following with his Dragon. It doesn’t really have much basis in anything but otherwise if the fight isn’t brought South sooner or later then Cersei’s story is going to be completely redundant at this point.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
              Remind me, what were the leaks? There have been so many haha.

How could Littlefinger have faked his death? Although that would be a twist and a half.
              speculations that the one who got executed was a faceless man not the real Littlefinger

if season 7 LF was half as smart as season 1 LF he would've GTFO of Winterfell as soon as Bran quoted him on the chaos/ladder thing

Comment

where was that scene with wight-Umber? one of the wall's forts or was it Umber's castle?

if it's Umber's castle what were Beric & Tormund doing there?
                if it's the wall what was Umber doing there?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  where was that scene with wight-Umber? one of the wall's forts or was it Umber's castle?

if it's Umber's castle what were Beric & Tormund doing there?
                  if it's the wall what was Umber doing there?
                  It was Umber’s castle. Remember at the Start Umber requested more horses and wagons so his men could evacuate to Winterfell more easily and straight afterJon requested a Raven be sent to call the Night’s Watch down from Castle Black as there was no point staying there with the wall destroyed. Therefore Umber went ahead back to his castle, Tormund and Beric went up with the horses and wagons, and... what’s his name from the Night’s Watch whose name suddenly escaped me, probably went to Umber’s Castle as a waystation which is why they all met in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    It was Umber’s castle. Remember at the Start Umber requested more horses and wagons so his men could evacuate to Winterfell more easily and straight afterJon requested a Raven be sent to call the Night’s Watch down from Castle Black as there was no point staying there with the wall destroyed. Therefore Umber went ahead back to his castle, Tormund and Beric went up with the horses and wagons, and... what’s his name from the Night’s Watch whose name suddenly escaped me, probably went to Umber’s Castle as a waystation which is why they all met in the middle.
                    isnt Umber castle far from the wall?

Edd's group at least were part of the real watch so they'd know their way but neither Beric nor Tormund are familiar with the place so how did they find their way there?

Comment

8x01

Wow. Nince main title. It is so simple, but also so amazing as the tiles turn into ice in the North.

The episode was okay. A few things were not so good. I am not a big fan of dirty talk, so the who f* who or who has got balls or hasn't got balls are a bit too rude for my taste. It happened in the last two seasons as well. Some fans said that as soon as they haven't followed Martin's clever dialogues, the style has fallen.

John Bradley (Sam) has made an amazing performance. I wouldn't mind if he would be the one who kills Daenerys in the end. That would be a twist that the innocent man defeats one of the most dangerous character. But I also would like to see they start something with Dany's fire immunity in the end, so maybe she could kill the Red Pristess if her fire magic can not harm her.

I hate Eugon. Brrr. If I would be Cersei I would have used that special lipstick as a vaginal lubricant, so he would be killed off this way. She has definately lost her child. I am guessing she wanted to have a quick sex with him to convince Jaime that the baby will be his child. But then she wouldn't hire Bronn to kill BOTH of her brothers. I am sure Bronn will never do it.

There are so many ongoing conflicts between the characters, that this show will clearly no happy ending.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 15 April 2019, 06:57 AM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        isnt Umber castle far from the wall?

Edd's group at least were part of the real watch so they'd know their way but neither Beric nor Tormund are familiar with the place so how did they find their way there?
                        A map?

Also no, Last Hearth (Umber’s Castle) is the most northerly Castle.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          A map?

Also no, Last Hearth (Umber’s Castle) is the most northerly Castle.
                          I believe they have showed only 3 locations in the main title: King's Landing, Winterfell and Last Hearth. And the frozen tiles have almost reached it. So I am guessing as the conquest of the Night King is going more and more are will turn into ice.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

say what you want about Euron he's got balls of valyrian steel

("I've executed men for less" "they were lesser men")

though one thing ain't clear about Euron's final comment didn't Euron know Cersei was already pregnant? Tyrion could tell visually & that was several days (weeks?) earlier

Comment

best part was the Varys & Tyrion banter it's like an echo of the Game from the first seasons

still miss Littlefinger though he deserved a better death than a cheap "deus ex magica"

Comment

Working...
                              X