Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Looks like a new game might be revealed at Celebration! Open world too apparently.

It was announced a while back...but tomorrow afternoon there's going to be a panel/stream to show gameplay for the first time. I'm very excited!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Trailer:

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Did we learn anything else from the panel? Trailer doesnt give away much.

Comment

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Trailer – Xbox E3 Briefing 2019
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wWkQXUMQYI

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo – EA PLAY 2019
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8939aURV9Dc
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yeah I'm a little annoyed with that gameplay footage for spilling the beans that [a certain character] is going to be appearing. Would've been nice to experience that naturally as part of the gameplay.

Not calling you out or anything Platschu, I saw it when I watched the video the other day. Just a heads-up for anyone else as spoilerphobic as I am

Comment

Sorry. I just wanted to be useful here. I haven't spoiled anything with the links as nobody forced you to watch it. Haha. "Forced"....

The game looks like an interesting Tomb Raider clone. It looks a bit linear, but the athmosphere is still nice. So I am sure it will be mandatory for any SW fans.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wish it was open world!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  So I am sure it will be mandatory for any SW fans.
                  I am just thrilled to bits that we're finally getting a proper story-based game. EA has only been pissing away their exclusive license for about four years now, so it's about time!

Comment

With the mountains and climbing styles of the game it kind of feels like a Ubisoft type of game. And trhen I saw the EA logo and went "Well, it feels like a Ubisoft style game" Honerstly I think Disney should let Ubisoft have a shot at making a Star Wars game

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So, who's been playing? I've got a few definite gripes, but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Comment

...and I'm done. But don't take that as an indication that it's short -- I've been playing a lot of the game over the last three days, 3-5 hours at a time. There's no timestamp anywhere in the game so I'd have to make a guess, but I would estimate that the game took me around 20 hours to beat. And that's just story, by no means have I gone around and got all the collectibles.

I wouldn't call it perfect by any stretch, but on the whole I had a lot of fun with it and I'm glad I played it. I liked the tone of the game, I liked the characters, I liked most of the worlds (except for Zeffo, because eff that effing place, ffs), and I enjoyed the plot. There was a point shortly before the last mission that felt really undeserved (not for your character, but for one of your NPC allies), but the last mission I really enjoyed (even if the final cutscene you could see coming from a mile away).

Across the board I think the voice cast did just a terrific job. The newcomers were very welcome and all feel like real, vibrant additions to the universe. And there are a number of folks returning who I won't mention here, but they all do a great job too.

I think Respawn did an excellent job of building compelling new worlds to play in (and a few familiar ones), even when the gameplay functionality of those worlds sometimes came up short. Every world you went to felt like a Star Wars world, with its own deep and rich history. I really liked how the various planets really helped build on the lore of the SW universe, both ancient and present day (present day to when the game is set). And it helps that this period in the SW timeline is a period that I really enjoy.

Overall, I think this is a solid entry into the canon. I don't know how long it'll be till I revisit it, but I'm glad that I played it and feel like I got my money's worth.

Comment

I have watched a few gameplay videos as it is really expensive an the moment. It is really nice done, like an interactive movie. It feels like an Uncharted/Tomb Raider game in SW environment. Hopefully we will get more of this type of SW games.

Comment

Really enjoying it so far, I quite like this era of star wars generally, and I think theyve really pulled it off, its very reminiscent of Titanfall 2 which I kinda hoped it would be, Tony Amendola popping up as a character a bit like Master Bratac is quite fun

Comment

Working...
                            X