X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moriah (1420)

Episode synopsis:

Originally posted by thefutoncritic.com
    Sam,Dean and Castiel are thrown into an epic battle. Meanwhile, Jack becomes disenchanted with all the lies, and an old friend from the past shows up.
    Original Air Date: 04/25/2019
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Well, they definatly done it for good this time. I would have probably done the same thing, he was just getting his jollies from watching the Story unfold and straight up refused to help. Though he is right, that by him interfering, the Story looses all tension when he can fix everything. So our final enemy is going to be Chuck then? They will need an actual deus ex machina to win this one and even then, who knows if he said the truth that without him there is no existense.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Woah! Talk about a season finale!

Glad to see Alex Calvert will be back next season. I just gotta talk about his scene with Billie in The Empty.

When I first saw it, I thought she was with the Cosmic Entity that promised Castiel that he will take revenge on him. But I'm now thinking she was with Lucifer, hence his "smile".

Billie promised the Winchesters in "Form and Void", that once they die she would put them in The Empty where they can never come back (despite Castiel and, I assume, Jack and Lucifer) instead of Heaven.

She would put them with in the graveyard of cosmic beings like angels and reapers.

Also, to the point about whether the universe would be gone without God. Amara believed it (she's been locked away, is she even his real sister?). She had wounded him (supposedly) and God instructed the Winchesters to kill Amara so that there would be "balance".

So if that is true, then both God and Amara would have to die. It would be great to see Amara again next season. But as with now everything God said, who knows what is real anymore.

I also want to talk a bit about this ending and how it fits with everything Supernatural has become (not was).

The new status quo or the big reveal. God had set all of these events into motion, he's God. He created multiple universes. One God created all the universes.

He described Sam and Dean as his favorite show. So Sam and Dean are just one show on one Network (aka universe). God set up everything, Lucifer's fall, monsters, all the magical rules, prophecies, all of it.

He created all the angels, knew what their motivations were and just led everyone down the path he provided.

This revelation is one of the best ways Supernatural has been meta. All the meta references and episodes the show has done were funny, but also allowed this to happen. It is a logical conclusion to the "God is a writer" concept they reveal a few seasons ago.

By framing the brother's desire to be done with the hunter's life as more than just Sam and Dean can't stop knowing what lurks in the darkness, it addresses the biggest struggle the brothers have had. The notion that they can't just not be aware of the sides of a case or that something is hunting. That idea has been a source of angst from the start of the series.

Sam came back into the life because his girlfriend died the same way as his mother. Sam was otherwise in college and would have continued down that path had Jessica never been targeted.

Sam fought his dad and brother over his decision and early desires to leave hunting behind.

Both Sam and Dean have found simple lives outside of hunting and enjoyed it. But when they come back to the hunting they always seem to resign themselves to this fate.

Now we know it was God providing new material and motivations for his characters to get off the bench.

This framing of a Writer not letting the story end for his favorite show is fantastic. It answers a lot of questions by simply saying, that's how God wrote it. God was too in love with Sam and Dean to let them go. As much as the fanbase has been so strong that Supernatural kept going for now 15 seasons.

So if there is this Writer that is preventing the story to end, then the show has to introduce a conflict between the characters and the Writer.

Sam and Dean have not been having a nice and simple life. They only have accepted it because they stood by their decisions to help each other and their family (blood related or not).

They accepted that they were too young and their Dad was not aware of monsters to protect their Mom. They accepted their Dad was in grief and raised them to defend themselves against what killed their Mom.
      They accepted that their grandfather had to die, never returning to raise his son in order for their Dad to be the man he needed to be.
      They accepted that Heaven and Hell were vying to use them in the Apocalypse.

But now none of that was fated or just bad luck. Their tortured lives, the lives of their friends and family. The victims they were unable to save, the hard, hard choices they made. They were all orchestrated. None of that had to happen.

Now that they know they have been pawns this whole time. It gives them reason to second guess what they have learned and experienced. If they are truly Team Freewill, then they are obviously going to want to cut the strings between them and the Writer.

That has to be one of the best ways to add conflict to their final season. Have it address everything they have done or was done to them by Chuck. Really reflect on the series by reflecting on their journey.

If this isn't a season about them fighting for the right to die and have peace in Heaven with Mom and Dad. Then it will be a fight to gain the power to really choose who and what they are even if it means no more hunting.

By stopping the Writer, they could stop all the dominoes in play that could cost so many lives. They could effectively, rewrite the existence of that universe where Earth and humanity is created, without any cosmic forces (Heaven, Hell, The Empty) or monsters.

This has the potential to change everything and give the characters a real chance to choose their own life.

Comment

WOW! What an epic finale.
        I had my doubts for some time now that they had all this planned. They planned to end it after 15 seasons. They just chose to make it public few weeks ago. Now after watching the finale, I've become 100% sure of this.
        Now those "writers" are so clever. I'm really amazed by how they planned this.
        Now with souls out of hell, maybe that means we'll see old friends.
        Hey what if Michael is out too. We can see Adam again. Maybe Michael will fix all this.
        Now about Billie. I still can't make up my mind about her. I'm still not sure she's not on their side. Maybe the recent events will unite them under one goal.
        Can't wait till fall.
        Oh and of course it always feels good listening to "Carry on my Wayward son" every year at the beginning of the finale.

Comment

You know the thing I love about this is that all of the complaints that we’ve all had over the seasons like the Demons and Angels getting steadily nerfed so the boys can get in hand to hand fights with them and win, or the whole of the Purgatory and Leviathan arcs and so on are still there. They’re still not great seasons or story arcs or plot devices. But they have retroactively helped to flesh out God as a character in the show.

God isn’t just a writer... he’s kind of a crappy writer.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            You know the thing I love about this is that all of the complaints that we’ve all had over the seasons like the Demons and Angels getting steadily nerfed so the boys can get in hand to hand fights with them and win, or the whole of the Purgatory and Leviathan arcs and so on are still there. They’re still not great seasons or story arcs or plot devices. But they have retroactively helped to flesh out God as a character in the show.

God isn’t just a writer... he’s kind of a crappy writer.
            Well, he did create a interresting Storyline for 15 Seasons, Years or however you wanna see it. My point being that is quite the archievement.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              Well, he did create a interresting Storyline for 15 Seasons, Years or however you wanna see it. My point being that is quite the archievement.
              Well if anyone could...

Comment

Working...
              X