13 '80s SCI FI/FANTASY TV GEMS & DUDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 '80s SCI FI/FANTASY TV GEMS & DUDS

this one REALLY brought back some memories! WOW!

I know of stuf like Galactica 1980 and Buck Rogers and a few others but a large chunk of these I had never heard of before. Stuff like this helps remind me that modern television really isn’t all that bad.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I know of stuf like Galactica 1980 and Buck Rogers and a few others but a large chunk of these I had never heard of before. Stuff like this helps remind me that modern television really isn’t all that bad.
      some were pretty bad, but there was 1REAL reasons to watch other world and that was that smoking hottie jonna lee, another WOW!

from max headroom-this is Edison carter coming to you live and direct on network 23.

yes there were dark days back in the 70's and 80's, you took your scifi where and when you could, if you were desperate enough, you would even watch horror as long as it had a scifi twist to it.
      Last edited by epg20; 08 April 2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

One thing to consider when rating stuff from this era as a "Dud" is that TV was totally different at the time.
        Cable was in its infancy, and most people had 5 or so channels if they were lucky. And these stations were broadcast which meant that they had to toe the FCC's line to remain on the air.

It's not really fair to compare them to content from today.

Absolutely, there were some stinkers; myself I couldn't stand "Max Headroom", but some real gems came out of this era too, such as Airwolf.

Comment

V! That was revolutionary viewing in my world. Mouse eating green blooded lizards! Ahh the memories... shame the remake didn't last.

Other World captivated me somehow - perhaps simply because it was broadcast so late and I was just a kid. About a decade ago I tracked down copies of the episodes... tried to rewatch them, but... didn't get far. :}
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Working...
          X