Default Untitled Nickelodeon cartoon -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Alex Kurtzman has confirmed that the rumoured Nickelodeon kids' cartoon Trek (no title yet) is in the pipe, with no estimated airdate yet.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Default Re: Untitled Nickelodeon cartoon -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

I can't find an official source yet, but according to this article at Den of Geek....

Kevin and Dan Hageman are the creators behind this new Star Trek animated series, the duo who have Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu and Trollhunters to their credit (and Trollhunters is really great), and who also did some work on Hotel Transylvania and The Lego Movie.

The new Star Trek original CG-animated series will debut exclusively on Nickelodeon and will feature "a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation," according to the official press release.

“‘Star Trek’s’ mission is to inspire generations of dreamers to build a brighter future,” said Alex Kurtzman, who is acting as an executive producer (one of many) on the project. “Dan and Kevin have crafted a story that honors its exploratory spirit in a way that’s never been done before, while the Nickelodeon team blew us away with their excitement at bringing ‘Trek’ to a younger generation around the world.”
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Not so fond of the idea of glorifying "a group of lawless teens", which basically encourages the young audience of this to become criminals.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Not so fond of the idea of glorifying "a group of lawless teens", which basically encourages the young audience of this to become criminals.
    I think there’s a difference between “lawless” and “criminal”. I’d say lawless in this context is likely just a name for Rebelious. Much like Ezra or Ashoka in the Star Wars cartoons.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

No new details yet, just Alex Kurtzman saying:
    I can’t reveal details on that one, but it’s something that has never been done before in Star Trek.
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/05/09/ale...-future-on-tv/

A little more...

Officially announced in April, the show is developed by Emmy Award-winning brother duo Kevin and Dan Hageman. Kurtzman gave an update on the progress of the child-focused ‘toon:

"I won’t announce the name of the Nickelodeon show, but that’s a really different show [from Lower Decks].

That’s a show that’s for kids, younger. Full CG animation. It’s going to be incredibly cinematic. We just started seeing [story]boards this week. It looks like, wow. It’s on par with Love, Death, and Robots in terms of beauty and lighting and cinema, so it’s a a really different feel, and Nickelodeon has been wildly supportive and I think very excited to bring a new energy to TV, you know, in animation."
    https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/18/ale...-tv-franchise/

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

It can't be worse than the last time Star Trek went animated. Not sure I would watch it if its a children's show
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Eh, TAS wasn't as horrific as that. It was lowwwwww budget, but the imagination in it was fantastic.

Nah. Not at all. TAS may not have been fantastic but it was passable. Certainly on par for the 70's I think.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Writers for this show announced via Twitter:

• Julie Benson & Shawna Benson -- Writers/story editors on 21 episodes of The 100, writers/producers on the upcoming Netflix series Wu Assassins, writers of 33 comics at DC (27 on Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, 6 on Green Arrow)
    • Diandra Pendleton-Thompson -- Also on the Star Trek: Picard team
    • Chad Quandt -- Writing/story editing credits on Teen Titans Go! (1 episode), Trollhunters (20 episodes), Unikitty! (55 episodes)
    • Aaron Waltke -- Showrunner on Trollhunters, writing/story editing credits on Trollhunters (20 episodes), Unikitty! (55 episodes)
    • Lisa Shoop Boyd -- Seems to be a newcomer
    • Nikhil Jayaram -- Writing credits on The Mysteries of Laura (16 episodes), story editor on Shades of Blue (10 episodes), writer's assistant credits on 2015 TV series Allegiance
    • Erin McNamara -- Seems to be a newcomer, but also worked on Allegiance, as an assistant to the director
    • Keith Sweet -- Seems to be a newcomer