Thread: Sanctuary (212)

Default Sanctuary (212)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE ORVILLE - SEASON TWO
    SANCTUARY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212
    The Orville transports a pair of Moclans who are smuggling secret cargo, leading the crew into a revelation that could reshape the Union.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 12th, 2019 at 09:36 PM.

Default Re: Sanctuary (212)

Probably the first Moclan centered episode this season that I thought was really good.

Was really glad to see 2 extra people from the Orville completely shift the tide of the ground assault
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

<a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    Probably the first Moclan centered episode this season that I thought was really good.

Was really glad to see 2 extra people from the Orville completely shift the tide of the ground assault
    Definitely agree. One interesting thing this season has done is setup a great dynamic for future drama. Eventually things are going to have to come to a head with the Kaylon, Krill, and Moclans.

I really liked this episode, except for the over emphasis in Kelly and Bortus kicking butt. That whole fight scene was really weird because I felt it made the women of the Sanctuary seem very weak. When they introduced them I felt like they were introducing them as a force to be reckoned with and then that scene seemed to show the opposite; like all would have been lost without Kelly and Bortus. Very strange move on MacFarlane's part. Still I felt this was one of the better Season Two episodes. LOVED the expanded cast. Too bad they threw that weak scene in at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    Definitely agree. One interesting thing this season has done is setup a great dynamic for future drama. Eventually things are going to have to come to a head with the Kaylon, Krill, and Moclans.

I really liked this episode, except for the over emphasis in Kelly and Bortus kicking butt. That whole fight scene was really weird because I felt it made the women of the Sanctuary seem very weak. When they introduced them I felt like they were introducing them as a force to be reckoned with and then that scene seemed to show the opposite; like all would have been lost without Kelly and Bortus. Very strange move on MacFarlane's part. Still I felt this was one of the better Season Two episodes. LOVED the expanded cast. Too bad they threw that weak scene in at the end.
    Well, apparently the way Moclan culture works is that females are taught that they are weak. That mindset might be tough for them to break, hence their apparent ineffectiveness on their own.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

When the Moclans tried to "blackmail" the Union with their being the chief weapons supplier & threatening to leave the Union, the Union should have told them to take a hike.

Now they know exactly how to get what they want in any future disagreement.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

The Orville: Season 2: The Bortus Show
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The Orville: Season 2: The Bortus Show
    I was thinking that, its nice to find out more about Mochlan culture but how many episodes we had now of Mochlan central?

Sarah Lance

Really liked the episode and I agree, when we first saw the female Mochlans they had guns out and surrounded the shuttle. I kept wondering what happened to that first wave of warriors when we saw the village already invaded.

That fight on the ground looked good, but it devalued the female warriors and didn't add anything to Bortus or Kelly's experience that episode.

Really liked hearing Tony Todd! He was FANTASTIC!

Sarah Lance

I just gotta remark on this. This thread has been viewed at least 4,195 times! What!?