SW TOR movies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    That's the game that set up the Revan arc, so I am assuming a KOTOR theme.
    Nice. Never watched much of SW's spin-offs but I think I'll give that one a go if it ever happens.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I wonder if this is that trilogy of release dates is for these movies, or if these are even still on the table as yet. There were mentions of the Old Republic during Clone Wars, which means that when in Episode 2 Palpatine refers to the Republic having stood for 1000 years, anything past that is Old Republic {apparently up to 4000 years into the past, after whicdh it apparently becomes Ancient Republic ?}

Dont get me wrong here, I am just wondering if this is still on the table with the recent release years now listed

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

It was only a rumour. Treat it as such -- false, until proven otherwise.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          It was only a rumour. Treat it as such -- false, until proven otherwise.
          Yup.
          But we can speculate
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just for fun: if they did a KOTOR movie or series, who would you (everybody, not aiming this at anyone in particular) cast for each character?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              There were mentions of the Old Republic during Clone Wars, which means that when in Episode 2 Palpatine refers to the Republic having stood for 1000 years, anything past that is Old Republic {apparently up to 4000 years into the past, after whicdh it apparently becomes Ancient Republic ?
              Yes, and then no

In the Disney canon, there are three galactic Republics in history that we know of:

The Old Republic, which we have no idea when was founded. Sometime in the mists of history.

Around 1000 years before Attack of the Clones, the wars between the Old Republic/Jedi and the Sith came to an end, and the Old Republic evolved into the Galactic Republic. The Galactic Republic stood until Palps reorganized it into the Galactic Empire.

Finally, most recent is the New Republic, founded shortly after ROTJ and either in tatters or completely gone as a result of Starkiller Base’s attack in The Force Awakens.

Comment

Just for fun: if they did a KOTOR movie or series, who would you (everybody, not aiming this at anyone in particular) cast for each character?
                KOTOR 1 or 2?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Personally, in a KOTOR film I'd put Jaye Davidson as Revan and either Wang Yi Faye or Fan Bingbing as Bastilla Shan. In a TV series, Im actually not sure

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes, and then no

In the Disney canon, there are three galactic Republics in history that we know of:

The Old Republic, which we have no idea when was founded. Sometime in the mists of history.

Around 1000 years before Attack of the Clones, the wars between the Old Republic/Jedi and the Sith came to an end, and the Old Republic evolved into the Galactic Republic. The Galactic Republic stood until Palps reorganized it into the Galactic Empire.

Finally, most recent is the New Republic, founded shortly after ROTJ and either in tatters or completely gone as a result of Starkiller Base’s attack in The Force Awakens.
                    I'm now at the point thanks to Last Jedi, of "Believe what you want to believe is canon" Infact, in the MMO itself, stuff from Rebels, and Clone Wars has been introduced into the game. So personally speaking, I can indeed treat this as rumor until proven to be the case, or proven to be on the books to get made, whatever happens, happens as fate dictates at this point.

Honestly, if they make a trilogy or even a TV series in this time period {the MMO takes place exactly 300 years AFTER the events of KOTOR as Satele Shan is a distant decendant of Revan and Bastilla} that would be great, If they dont, that's fine too, TOR and KOTOR both have great cutscenes and many gamers have edited them into quasi movies quite nicely

Just my two cents, if you want me to go further I can give you the wholed dollar

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      KOTOR 1 or 2?
                      Either? Both?

Comment

The rumours continue...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...eenwriter.html

Comment

"A movie based on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic — the beloved video game first released in 2003 — is currently being written by Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) for Lucasfilm, three sources close to the project told BuzzFeed News."

appears it will not be a beniof weiss thing--didn't we know that already? they are doing the 'other trilogy' yes?

also in this article--a ROGUE ONE prequel series on disney plus built around the Cassian Andor character--

"What's chronologically next for the Star Wars franchise will be Disney+, the megacompany's streaming service that kicks off Nov. 12. From its launch, Disney+ will feature Jon Favreau's The Mandalorian, a sci-fi drama set five years after the events of Return of the Jedi. Disney+ has also announced a Rogue One prequel series (currently untitled) that follows Diego Luna's character, Cassian Andor."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-old-republic

Comment

Yes...that part is old news though, we've known that since November.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ssion-spoilers

Comment

Yes...that part is old news though, we've known that since November.

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ssion-spoilers
                              now see, how is anyone supposed to be able to find that in the search feature?

if it said something like 'rogue one prequel' or included "Cassian Andor' in the title, it would show

i have yet to be successful in finding anything through the search and i am told later that the thread already exists

Comment

Yes, it was a poor choice of thread title on my part.

And also yes, the search function on GW sucks. It always has. That’s its charm

Comment

Working...
                                X