Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW TOR movies??

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019...this-fall.html

I would love for this to be true, and the source is pretty solid.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Thought #1: Interesting, but I won't get my hopes up until there's an official announcement.

Thought #2: I'm very, very wary of Benioff/Weiss. They did a fine job when they were able to adapt the existing written works of GRRM, but once they had to run the show without a safety net, I felt its quality nosedived so hard and so fast that I bailed by the end of that season. I am not even a little bit confident in their abilities as storytellers, so my optimism for their Star Wars films isn't high.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh I hope its true, but not as a series of movies, if its a full on TV series, the animation style is perfect for it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Thought #2: I'm very, very wary of Benioff/Weiss.
        Wait a minute... Are those the same guys that produced the Nightflyer?? That show totally sucked.

GF: does that mean this would be in a KOTOR setup? Man wasn't that game a masterpiece, played so much as a kid.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Thought #1: Interesting, but I won't get my hopes up until there's an official announcement.

Thought #2: I'm very, very wary of Benioff/Weiss. They did a fine job when they were able to adapt the existing written works of GRRM, but once they had to run the show without a safety net, I felt its quality nosedived so hard and so fast that I bailed by the end of that season. I am not even a little bit confident in their abilities as storytellers, so my optimism for their Star Wars films isn't high.
          Sure, but there is a wealth of EU and gaming material for them to work from, so being adaptive would be well inside their wheelhouse.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Wait a minute... Are those the same guys that produced the Nightflyer?? That show totally sucked.
            Negative...I can see how you made the connection though. They're the producers/showrunners of Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones is adapted (for the first four seasons) from books written by George R.R. Martin. Nightflyers was also based on material written by GRRM, but Benioff/Weiss didn't have anything to do with it.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Sure, but there is a wealth of EU and gaming material for them to work from, so being adaptive would be well inside their wheelhouse.
            That's a possibility, I suppose. Disney-era Lucasfilm hasn't been doing a lot of straight adaptation, though, so I'm not sure that'd happen.

...which brings me back to "wait and see"
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              Oh I hope its true, but not as a series of movies, if its a full on TV series, the animation style is perfect for it
              I really think SW -needs- a TV series to get back to what it stood for, for ALL the SW geeks. Back then, being a geek was uncool, and Sci-fi as a genre was niche, as was fantasy. Now it's so mainstream it gets dragged into everything.
              I just don't want to see ANOTHER pissing match such as there was with the last Jedi or Captain Marvel.
              As for the series, I believe it is going to be live action, not animated, so we will see in live action the Jedi/Sith war, and that really grabs my attention. I'm not so interested in the "sex and violence" of GOT aspect because that's never been what SW has been about (worked in true blood and GOT quite well however).
              sigpic

Comment

GF: does that mean this would be in a KOTOR setup? Man wasn't that game a masterpiece, played so much as a kid.
                I don't know about a KOTOR setup (by which I assume you mean Revan storyline) or something else.
                All that has come out is "old republic", which could go in a lot of directions.
                sigpic

Comment

I really think SW -needs- a TV series to get back to what it stood for, for ALL the SW geeks. Back then, being a geek was uncool, and Sci-fi as a genre was niche, as was fantasy. Now it's so mainstream it gets dragged into everything.
                  Er....The Clone Wars? Rebels? Resistance? The upcoming series The Mandalorian? The upcoming Cassian Andor series?

There's lots of Star Wars TV...

Comment

That's a possibility, I suppose. Disney-era Lucasfilm hasn't been doing a lot of straight adaptation, though, so I'm not sure that'd happen.
                    They did bring in Thrawn, which is a use of EU material, but yes, they don't straight up adapt things, they use them for their own purpose.
                    Wouldn't it be cool to see the fall of Revan on the small screen however?
                    When you actually get the time to tell such an awesome story, and have an almost movie budget to play with?
                    Or instead of a pretty lame film like "the dark tower", you actually got to see the evolution of Roland and his Ka-Tet?
                    ...which brings me back to "wait and see"
                    For sure.
                    sigpic

Comment

They did bring in Thrawn, which is a use of EU material, but yes, they don't straight up adapt things, they use them for their own purpose.
                      Wouldn't it be cool to see the fall of Revan on the small screen however?
                      When you actually get the time to tell such an awesome story, and have an almost movie budget to play with?
                      Or instead of a pretty lame film like "the dark tower", you actually got to see the evolution of Roland and his Ka-Tet?

For sure.
                      Yep...would love it!

Comment

Er....The Clone Wars? Rebels? Resistance? The upcoming series The Mandalorian? The upcoming Cassian Andor series?

There's lots of Star Wars TV...
                        Clone wars and rebels was great, I have not seen resistance so cannot comment. I'm more talking about the "golden age" of the Jedi and the Sith, something that we have been able to play with in games, but have never seen it on film or TV.
                        sigpic

Comment

Phew Digi I'm relieved.

I don't know about a KOTOR setup (by which I assume you mean Revan storyline) or something else.
                          All that has come out is "old republic", which could go in a lot of directions.
                          I meant the game Knights of the Old Republic, like early 2000s or something, spent lots of hours on this one. Loved that there were swords as well as sabers, blasters and that you could choose between light and dark.

I've never been a huge SW fan but this game is probably the best RPG I've ever played.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Phew Digi I'm relieved.

I meant the game Knights of the Old Republic, like early 2000s or something, spent lots of hours on this one. Loved that there were swords as well as sabers, blasters and that you could choose between light and dark.

I've never been a huge SW fan but this game is probably the best RPG I've ever played.
                            Amen. KOTOR was an amazing game. I even have it installed on my phone right now lol

Comment

Phew Digi I'm relieved.

That's the game that set up the Revan arc, so I am assuming a KOTOR theme.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X