Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny/Fun work experiences or fun Jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    If you can call having to go out and gather shopping carts in all kinds of crazy weather interesting

It does get kinda interesting when you have to fight 80 mph wind gusts at the same time
    Me and my bois used to get them all in a super long snake, like 50+ of them, and do it in one go. I must say the drivers in the parking lot weren't happy we were blocking the whole damn parkway though.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I've shared some stories from my work as a travel agent in the past. There's one every week or so.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Me and my bois used to get them all in a super long snake, like 50+ of them, and do it in one go. I must say the drivers in the parking lot weren't happy we were blocking the whole damn parkway though.
        I remember doing that in college. Nothing drove me crazier was the customers who couldn't bother to put the carts back in the cart corrall
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I remember doing that in college. Nothing drove me crazier was the customers who couldn't bother to put the carts back in the cart corrall
          What puzzled me the most was the people that went out of their ways to pull their carts over the concrete blocs, and drop 'em in the ditches. There's a special place in hell for such people.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

What puzzled me the most was the people that went out of their ways to pull their carts over the concrete blocs, and drop 'em in the ditches. There's a special place in hell for such people.
            I don't get putting them in the ditches, but I can see locking the wheels in the concrete parking lot barriers.

It prevents them from being blown around by the wind and hitting other cars.

Comment

We had a superstorm last night, got to work last night and the roof had collapsed in the health and beauty aisle and at the meat case.
              Going to make stocktake interesting
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                We had a superstorm last night, got to work last night and the roof had collapsed in the health and beauty aisle and at the meat case.
                Going to make stocktake interesting
                Gives new meaning to the phrase "Cleanup, aisle 12".

Comment

When I first started this job about 1 1/2 years ago I could get enough cart straps to daisy chain together and I could do 50+ carts by myself. Can't do that anymore as my back eventually started complaining about me doing that

trying to push or drag them through accumulating snow and slush is also really fun

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Gives new meaning to the phrase "Cleanup, aisle 12".
                    Pretty much man, it was a total mess.
                    The bosses were saying "oh, it's ok", and every actual worker was saying they are screwed for days
                    Naturally, they tried to call me in to work today.
                    They failed.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

When I first started this job about 1 1/2 years ago I could get enough cart straps to daisy chain together and I could do 50+ carts by myself. Can't do that anymore as my back eventually started complaining about me doing that

trying to push or drag them through accumulating snow and slush is also really fun
                      This reminds me of a part time job I had in Jr. High school at a grocery chain.
                      This was back in the 70's, when the women's movement was surging forward at a furious pace.

It occurred to me that only the MALE employees were sent out for cart duty, or to load groceries in customer's cars, or for other unpleasant outdoor tasks in January.

I brought this to the attention of the employer, who obviously didn't have a good answer to that question.

I was shown the door shortly thereafter.

This was my first, but certainly not the last exposure to the hypocrisy of women's claims to wanting "equality"

Comment

This reminds me of a part time job I had in Jr. High school at a grocery chain.
                        This was back in the 70's, when the women's movement was surging forward at a furious pace.

It occurred to me that only the MALE employees were sent out for cart duty, or to load groceries in customer's cars, or for other unpleasant outdoor tasks in January.

I brought this to the attention of the employer, who obviously didn't have a good answer to that question.

I was shown the door shortly thereafter.

This was my first, but certainly not the last exposure to the hypocrisy of women's claims to wanting "equality"
                        yeah but the cashier assistant job means I get plenty of exercise....and it means I don't have to interact much with the customers (kidding....most of the customers I interact with at whole foods are pretty friendly)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

It doesn't get better than this... Oh, I would have killed that guy, on the spot.

That would be me.

A title I picked up a couple of years ago, and a username I use on the message feed over at Stargate Command.

Check your PM's -- for anyone else: Just scroll on down to the bottom of the page.

We have connections with Disney/Lucasfilm, and ReedPop yes.
                          But not with actors, I'm afraid.

I'll check my PM's later (am at work and about to head into a meeting -- again).

PM later -- response to Halo marine -- cool!
                          Now I'll have to replay (like that's so bad ) Halo 3.
                          Oh believe me I wanted to kill the guy on the spot, except he was my Superior at the time and I was so tense and stressed, that I couldn't do anything except experience EXTREME RELIEF... I had been thinking I was going to die for the past few hours LOL... All of my adrenaline just dropped.... They call it an adrenaline dump, it's like you turn into mush... No energy, odd feeling.. but RELIEVED is an understatement! But I look back and I laugh my butt off... lolol when I tell that story in real life people are so tense & invested.... and when I tell them what the guy leaned in and said to me... Their faces are PRICELESS!

And I Got your message, sorry, I was away for a day or two! Check your PMS I responded..I accidentally sent two of them because I screwed up and forgot to write an important part that I didn't include in the first one.. I spaced out.. so I apologize they're split in two.. so you might want to read them both before replying. instead of replying twice... Just giving you a heads up! LOL

Talk to you soon,
                          -Frank
                          Last edited by Franksixer; 17 March 2019, 10:50 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I think we now know why you enjoy life.
                            Well come on...I think a lot of people are entertained by the not so bright lol... And if you can't laugh at yourself then what fun is anything? But yeah you're pretty much got me pegged LOL

Thanks for the reply brother,
                            -Frank
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
                              Well come on...I think a lot of people are entertained by the not so bright lol... And if you can't laugh at yourself then what fun is anything? But yeah you're pretty much got me pegged LOL

Thanks for the reply brother,
                              -Frank
                              I'm a NYS-licensed massage therapist....one of my instructors at massage school told a story of when he was the patient for a student qualifier (qualifying a student to work on the general public in the student clinic)...the student in question legit tore my instructor's one calf muscle really bad and he was on crutches for like several months...needless to say that student didn't pass

I failed my first try at the qualifier too but they let me have a second chance because all I did was mess up a lot of procedural stuff....so one of my other instructors drilled the procedure of how to work on a patient in the clinic over and over until I finally had it down pat and felt confident enough that I knew what I was doing....that guy though was just a real piece of work who probably had no business even trying to learn it.

Comment

I'm a NYS-licensed massage therapist....one of my instructors at massage school told a story of when he was the patient for a student qualifier (qualifying a student to work on the general public in the student clinic)...the student in question legit tore my instructor's one calf muscle really bad and he was on crutches for like several months...needless to say that student didn't pass

I failed my first try at the qualifier too but they let me have a second chance because all I did was mess up a lot of procedural stuff....so one of my other instructors drilled the procedure of how to work on a patient in the clinic over and over until I finally had it down pat and felt confident enough that I knew what I was doing....that guy though was just a real piece of work who probably had no business even trying to learn it.
                                For some reason the first time I read that I thought it said that he Ripped his calf muscle in half! I was like OMFG! That is insanity! LOL! But yeah sounds like he was a piece of work, and had no business trying to learn your profession at all, that must have been incredibly painful.. and extremely inconvenient... WOW... some people man....BTW: I'm in NY too! I wanted to PM you to tell you where in New York but you have PMs disabled...

Screw it! Staten island! my friend!

Thanks for sharing @mad_gater. Nice to see a fellow New Yorker on the board!
                                -Frank
                                Last edited by Franksixer; 19 March 2019, 11:31 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X