Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny/Fun work experiences or fun Jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you have no idea how close that was to the reality of working in a big warehouse.

If Amazon thought they could legally get away with fitting their workers with ankle monitors, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Anything to increase productivity.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Oh, you have no idea how close that was to the reality of working in a big warehouse.

If Amazon thought they could legally get away with fitting their workers with ankle monitors, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Anything to increase productivity.
      Nike used to fire temp-workers for not making their daily quota.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There was a case in an Amazon warehouse in the US, where a guy on picking collapsed and had a heart attack.
        After the paramedics arrived, it was nearly thirty minutes before they were let into the building by security.

Other pickers were stepping over the casualty and the medics as they worked, so they could meet their targets and not be penalised.

Sadly, the guy died, and because he was an agency worker (not a direct employee of Amazon) Amazon refused to pay any benefits to his widow.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Amazon would not do well in our worker-climate. Hence why I said "Nike used to".
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's the only place I've ever worked where if you phone in sick, you still get penalised if follow the correct procedure.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X