Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny/Fun work experiences or fun Jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
    For some reason the first time I read that I thought it said that he Ripped his calf muscle in half! I was like OMFG! That is insanity! LOL! But yeah sounds like he was a piece of work, and had no business trying to learn your profession at all, that must have been incredibly painful.. and extremely inconvenient... WOW... some people man....BTW: I'm in NY too! I wanted to PM you to tell you where in New York but you have PMs disabled...

Screw it! Staten island! my friend!

Thanks for sharing @mad_gater. Nice to see a fellow New Yorker on the board!
    -Frank
    Yeah I'm at the other end of the state....near Lake Erie....Buffalo area....with all the lake effect snow

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      Yeah I'm at the other end of the state....near Lake Erie....Buffalo area....with all the lake effect snow
      I know exactly where you're at dude! I have family there... That's pretty dope... I've been there at least a hundred times or more...no exaggeration... We go there for Thanksgiving & Christmas every year, my whole family meets up at my aunt's house. I'll find out the town she lives in and I'll let you know...but right now it's 6:42am and I'm getting ready to go to FUNimation in Manhattan (I'm a voice actor I don't know if you read that in my previous thread so I'll give you a little bit of context) to record some ADR (basically I have to re-record dialogue in something I already did, because when they were putting together whatever it is they're making (sorry NDA) they wanted in a different tone... I can't stand post-production sometimes...even though it's kind of sound exactly the same lol. It means additional dialogue recording.. or to put it simply.. re-recording LOL) and everyone's sleeping in my house. But I'll get back to you soon... It would be pretty insane if you lived in the same town! But weirder things have happened in my crazy life LOL.

Cheers dude, I'll hit you up later today, it might be in a PM because I don't want to post my aunt's town... That's a little too specific for public forums LOL so make sure you check those!

Later,
      -Frank
      Last edited by Franksixer; 23 March 2019, 02:05 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Back on topic, I'm leaving my house right now to do some voice acting, and I have a pretty cool story about how I got involved in professional voice acting. It's the story of how I went from amateur to professional. it's not funny but it's pretty damn cool, now that I give it some thought there are some funny bits. Not like knee slapping funny but pretty funny... if anyone is interested in me telling that story here on the forum please post here and I will write it!

It really is a cool story! let me know if anyone's interested! I don't want to write it out on my phone it if no one's interested hahaha....and also it's completely fine if nobody answers! I will not be offended I just thought it's interesting, it's pretty cool, and that's some funny moments..

Cheers,
        -Frank
        Last edited by Franksixer; 21 March 2019, 03:07 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

This happened about 3 years ago, when I worked as a bank teller. My first assignment was a rural location, that bank was located inside a basic house refurbished with a safe. Only three, sometimes four of us worked there at the same time.

About a month into my new job, I see a guy come in, wearing full winter jacket, hat, snow goggles complete with gloves and a huge brown bag. I go ''Tabarnack'' it's happening. A little bit of context before, I was at that very moment about to deliver a drop-off of coins in our safe, so I have this huge pile of toonies and loonies in my arms, standing up about to go in the backstore. Meanwhile my coworker, the only other teller in this small location, is busy with a technician trying to repair his card reader. Okay so back to the mysterious customer now.

The guy comes in, shows up in front of me, puts his hand in his bag and starts looking for something. I'm just standing there, completely frozen, the arms full of coins, and waiting for the guy to pull out his gun. What seems like an eternity (and it was like 5 seconds) to me, and I'm still waiting and I'm thinking ''Just get done with it ffs! I can't believe this sh*t is happening in my first month in the job!''. So the burglar looks to his left, sees my colleague busy with the tech, BOTH men completely oblivious to what's going on. He looks to his right, and there's me staring at him with a bunch of coins in my arms (I did look like a deer that's been flashed a light in its face) and looks again to his left...

Then the unbelievable happens... the guy turns tail and promptly leave the premise in his getaway car, almost running over that old sweet lady coming to drop her weekly check!

My colleague still didn't notice squat, and I go: dude we've almost been robbed but this guy forgot his gun in his car!

When I told my boss what happened we both laughed for like 5 minutes straight, either the burglar was too confused by the awkward situation going on there with the technician and all or he's just so dumb he left his gun in his car.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Haha nice one Chaka! In a crazy WTF kind of way, that is.

Let's see if I can recall the funnier ones from my travel agent work.

"Hello, I missed my flight to Amsterdam this morning because your agency didn't call me to wake me up! I want you to give me a new ticket!"
            "Well, we are not supposed to wake you up, that;s your responsibility. Your ticket was non-refundable, and I'm afraid you need to buy a new one."

This is followed by a screaming and asking for the manager, at the end of which the customer was transferred to the sales dept to buy a new ticket, full price.

One week later:

"I missed my flight to Amsterdam once again because you didn't call me to wake me up! I demand a new ticket for free AND compensation!"
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              This happened about 3 years ago, when I worked as a bank teller. My first assignment was a rural location, that bank was located inside a basic house refurbished with a safe. Only three, sometimes four of us worked there at the same time.

About a month into my new job, I see a guy come in, wearing full winter jacket, hat, snow goggles complete with gloves and a huge brown bag. I go ''Tabarnack'' it's happening. A little bit of context before, I was at that very moment about to deliver a drop-off of coins in our safe, so I have this huge pile of toonies and loonies in my arms, standing up about to go in the backstore. Meanwhile my coworker, the only other teller in this small location, is busy with a technician trying to repair his card reader. Okay so back to the mysterious customer now.

The guy comes in, shows up in front of me, puts his hand in his bag and starts looking for something. I'm just standing there, completely frozen, the arms full of coins, and waiting for the guy to pull out his gun. What seems like an eternity (and it was like 5 seconds) to me, and I'm still waiting and I'm thinking ''Just get done with it ffs! I can't believe this sh*t is happening in my first month in the job!''. So the burglar looks to his left, sees my colleague busy with the tech, BOTH men completely oblivious to what's going on. He looks to his right, and there's me staring at him with a bunch of coins in my arms (I did look like a deer that's been flashed a light in its face) and looks again to his left...

Then the unbelievable happens... the guy turns tail and promptly leave the premise in his getaway car, almost running over that old sweet lady coming to drop her weekly check!

My colleague still didn't notice squat, and I go: dude we've almost been robbed but this guy forgot his gun in his car!

When I told my boss what happened we both laughed for like 5 minutes straight, either the burglar was too confused by the awkward situation going on there with the technician and all or he's just so dumb he left his gun in his car.
              maybe you bear a resemblance to Chuck Norris and the guy was like "I don't wanna mess with him...gun or no"

I probably would've just started whipping those rolls of coins at the guy...or maybe use them as ammo in an improvised gun like BB-8 did in "Last Jedi"

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

"Hello, I missed my flight to Amsterdam this morning because your agency didn't call me to wake me up! I want you to give me a new ticket!"
                "Well, we are not supposed to wake you up, that;s your responsibility. Your ticket was non-refundable, and I'm afraid you need to buy a new one."

This is followed by a screaming and asking for the manager, at the end of which the customer was transferred to the sales dept to buy a new ticket, full price.

One week later:

"I missed my flight to Amsterdam once again because you didn't call me to wake me up! I demand a new ticket for free AND compensation!"
                This kind of crap is rampant in many businesses these days. Management is simply not willing to give their employees the ability to tell such idiots exactly where the bear ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post

I probably would've just started whipping those rolls of coins at the guy...or maybe use them as ammo in an improvised gun like BB-8 did in "Last Jedi"
                  I also thought about my life being worth more than a couple coin stacks, but you got a point lol.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  This kind of crap is rampant in many businesses these days. Management is simply not willing to give their employees the ability to tell such idiots exactly where the bear ****s.
                  Bc they want your money dude. But I'd love seeing such a business, let's apply that to Womble' story...

"But you guys didn't wake me up! I demand a new ticket!"

"Of course Sir. All things considered, I think I can offer, free of charge, a complete first class premium seat round trip exclusive package to the exquisite resort on islands go f**k yourself"
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I used to work in a bottle shop (alcohol)
                    They never forgot their guns.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

One week later:

should've been like "this is a travel agency, not a 5-star hotel with wake-up call options

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I used to work in a bottle shop (alcohol)
                        They never forgot their guns.
                        Paws up mate! Hand over the Kowalawhisky
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I also thought about my life being worth more than a couple coin stacks, but you got a point lol.

Bc they want your money dude. But I'd love seeing such a business, let's apply that to Womble' story...

"But you guys didn't wake me up! I demand a new ticket!"

"Of course Sir. All things considered, I think I can offer, free of charge, a complete first class premium seat round trip exclusive package to the exquisite resort on islands go f**k yourself"
                          "No, ma'am, the fact that you are an idiot does not entitle you to have your arse kissed."

Comment

Paws up mate! Hand over the Kowalawhisky
                            The guys with the guns did not worry me as much as some of the loons. The guy with the gun had obviously thought it through, and you just hand over the money. The loons who are sketchy are far, far scarier.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Damn @Chaka-Z0! That's a pretty crazy one dude! I appreciate you posting in what I think is a fun off topic thread. That was definitely a good read, and definitely worth reading...I'm glad you're safe and everything's okay and the robber was a stupid dumbass

If that happened where I live, you could bet the guy would change outfits, get a different car, and definitely came back.. people here are real scumbags, and I only use that word because I can't curse on the forums LOL

Or maybe you do bear a resemblance to Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, or Jack Bauer... And he was just terrified

So side note, I mentioned this earlier but then Chaka-Z0 posted a crazy story! Is anybody interested on hearing a cool story that is kind of funny? I will not be hurt if someone says no... But I think personally it's a cool story to share... But as I said earlier, I have to type it on my phone and I don't want to do that if there isn't at least JUST ONE person interested in reading it. So if you are that one person please be vocal whether it's here or a PM

Either one is fine, like I said it's a cool story but there are some funny bits, anyway thanks @Chaka-Z0 again for sharing that. That was a pretty crazy one to say the least! Lol -

Cheers ladies and gentlemen,

-Frank
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                It doesn't usually help to be able to tell them that, because it is likely to generate a follow-up complaint about poor service and shifts the focus from the customer's behavior to yours. A particularly crafty customer can deliberately provoke you into rude reaction in order to record it and put it up on social media without the context that allows people to actually judge the situation, and you end up in hot water. Why bother?

There are certain strategies to those conversations. One trick is to break the customer's expectations by actually answering questions which they expect to be treated as rhetorical.

"So you're saying that I booked my ticket like that? Do you think I'm stupid?"
                                "The change fee applies regardless of your intelligence level."
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X