• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasting Impressions (211)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE ORVILLE - SEASON TWO
    LASTING IMPRESSIONS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    When the Orville crew opens up a time capsule from the year 2015 Gordon is smitten by a woman who left her cell phone for the future to find -- even creating a simulation of her life so that he can meet her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 March 2019, 09:41 PM.

This one's pretty cool.. Granted, it's derivative of Trek several times over, but it does present a new scenario; a real person from the past brought to life. I could have done without the cigarette subplot, it was a distraction from the primary story, which was excellent.

Comment

Yeah even with the Trek derivativeness, I really enjoyed this one.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I for one thought the cigarette addiction satire was hilarious.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I'm with Jelly. Bortus and Klyden getting addicted to cigarettes was hilarious. Not sure if it was better than the mustache yet, but these are the types of things Bortus pulls of perfectly.

Overall I liked the episode, it was a new spin on a concept we've all seen before but I liked it.
          sigpic

Comment

For a story that really retreaded the whole Geordi/Leah Brahms thing, I thought this episode was really well done. Tugged at all the right heartstrings, and Leighton Meester was fantastic. And yes, I thought the cigarette subplot was hilarious
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Yep that was definitely the highlight of the episode. I think I would have liked this more if they had focused a bit less on the main plot. LOL I mean I liked it, but by the end I felt like there was too much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                For a story that really retreaded the whole Geordi/Leah Brahms thing, I thought this episode was really well done. Tugged at all the right heartstrings, and Leighton Meester was fantastic. And yes, I thought the cigarette subplot was hilarious
                It was reminiscent of that, but Leah was a contemporary to Geordi, this woman was 400 years dead. I was sorta hoping that the time gap would slip somehow and she would figure it out, and eventually learn that she was herself as recreated from her phone; that she had been remembered 400 years in her future.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  It was reminiscent of that, but Leah was a contemporary to Geordi, this woman was 400 years dead. I was sorta hoping that the time gap would slip somehow and she would figure it out, and eventually learn that she was herself as recreated from her phone; that she had been remembered 400 years in her future.
                  They'll steal "Elementary, Dear Data" and "Ship in a Bottle" from TNG at a later time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry jelgate, apparently I give you reps too much, it won't me give any to you.

I loved the whole thing and that includes the cigarettes. I loved how they each tried one and then the next step was to produce 500 or 1,000 of them! That was a big leap.

I almost thought we were going to see their child had gotten addicted via second hand smoke, but alas we did not.

The main plot touched on Malloy's desire to find a relationship a struggle he has had since season one if I recall.

Out of all the characters it makes sense he would connect with someone from 2015.

Comment

Working...
                    X