No announcement yet.

X Men Dark Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a rule, I completely disregard trailers.

The 90s X-Men was my childhood. Those were good times. Except S5. We don't talk about S5
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

THERE! WERE! FOUR! SEASONS!

Seriously though...if you watch them in production order, which makes the Beyond Good and Evil quadrilogy the finale, it works terrifically. Anything past that finale (which is the unnecessary extra episodes pickup) feels tacked on and unnecessary.

I don't know why these movies are having such a hard time with the Phoenix story. Grab the alien thing by the horns, or don't bother doing it at all. Hire an actress who has at least as much charisma as a sack of potatoes to play Jean Grey (talking both Janssen and Turner, here), or it's going to fall on its face.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        As a rule, I completely disregard trailers.

The 90s X-Men was my childhood. Those were good times. Except S5. We don't talk about S5
        Oh is that like the last episode of Enterprise? Or past season 3 of Silders?
        I agree. Though I made the 90s X-Men my kid's childhood. They didn't want to read my comics so I was like, next BEST thing.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

So? Has anyone seen it? The first Hungarian reviews convinced me that this movie is garbage and one of the worst of the whole X-Men franchise.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have not, but the reviews coming in are universally pretty bad. Even word-of-mouth buzz I've been hearing from other people is pretty much peaking at 'it's not as bad as that, but it still wasn't good.'
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I have not, but the reviews coming in are universally pretty bad. Even word-of-mouth buzz I've been hearing from other people is pretty much peaking at 'it's not as bad as that, but it still wasn't good.'
              I heard similar but then a movie critic friend of mine said she found it actually pretty good. And she is infamous f9r being terribly unforgiving and nitpicky. Like she hated Apocalypse. In fact she hated Captain America Civil War.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I can't respect anyone who thought Civil War was bad. Next im going to hear that Fantastic Four was a great movie
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Civil War was solid, if not as good as Winter Soldier.

Apocalypse was bad though.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Civil War was solid, if not as good as Winter Soldier.

Apocalypse was bad though.
                    I loved Apocalypse. It reminded me so much of the old 90's cartoon.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I loved Apocalypse. It reminded me so much of the old 90's cartoon.

futurama-zoidberg-opinionisbad.jpg

Comment

I always saw Digi more of a Scruffy than a Zoidberg.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                        X