No announcement yet.

Are we getting any closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This galaxy is still populated with thousands of inhabitable planets, which means, that there are still new worlds and new civilizations to be discovered. Many are former Goa'uld worlds.

The Earth's current real-life political situation would serve as great fodder for new and interesting stories, and as a good backdrop to how the in-show Stargate programme would cope. The Lucian Alliance remains a wildcard.

Many of the discovered worlds and their peoples are allies to the Tau'ri, but not necessarily close relations. Other species — defeated by the SG people, but survived — might as well hold a very long-term grudge, and are looking for an opening to strike.

I do not foresee the Asgard or their derivatives reappearing.

I'd like to see Nirtti again (Jacqueline Samuda), though Nirrti was officially killed by Wodan. My idea is, that the person killed on P3X-367 (in SG-1: "Metamorphosis") was a clone of Nirtti, or a clone of her host.
    • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
    • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
    • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Mardus View Post
      This galaxy is still populated with thousands of inhabitable planets, which means, that there are still new worlds and new civilizations to be discovered. Many are former Goa'uld worlds.

The Earth's current real-life political situation would serve as great fodder for new and interesting stories, and as a good backdrop to how the in-show Stargate programme would cope. The Lucian Alliance remains a wildcard.
      With advances in technology now would also be a good time to show the re-emergence of some non-humanoid aliens who were forced into hiding by the Goa'uld. Humans can still be the primary driving force, but it would be nice give some extended time to Re'tu-like races this time around.

I do not foresee the Asgard or their derivatives reappearing.
      I would though like if they could explore the Asgard more through the lens of those who they had been protecting. The human-populated protected planets were nice, but there were hints that the Asgard were active in other galaxies (not just the Milky Way and Ida galaxies). To learn that they had been interacting with and protecting completely alien races in nearby galaxies and to delve into the fallout from their disappearance would be interesting.

Comment

Been rewatching SG1 while I'm waiting for something new from Stargate.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          Been rewatching SG1 while I'm waiting for something new from Stargate.
          Good thing SG-1 has 10 seasons and 2 films then... plenty of time to rewatch, and rewatch, and rewatch...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Still waiting....
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Waiting for what? More hollow interviews with Judge?
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                Waiting for what? More hollow interviews with Judge?
                He might be waiting for me to get my rewatch-butt back in gear.... (not gonna be this weekend cause I'm going to be in Paris).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  He might be waiting for me to get my rewatch-butt back in gear.... (not gonna be this weekend cause I'm going to be in Paris).
                  Bon voyage mademoiselle! On y va en douceur sur le vin
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Last time you promised after your volcano vacation
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      Bon voyage mademoiselle! On y va en douceur sur le vin
                      The wine wasn't the problem Saturday evening... the liter of Coca-Cola on the other hand... SO MUCH SUGAR IN MY BLOODSTREAM I COULDN'T SLEEP after we got back from our Moulin Rouge inspired show.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Last time you promised after your volcano vacation
                      I did... and I was actually prepping to do so. However, as of now, you may expect a restart this thursday, the 30th of May (it's a holiday over here).

Comment

Believe it when I see it
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Believe it when I see it
                          Oh but you shall...

Comment

There will be an SG:C update / maintance break on the 29th May. Maybe some magical extension comes...
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              There will be an SG:C update / maintance break on the 29th May.
                              If it's anything like the maintenance I'm currently involved in, expect the website/app to not be back for at least a month... and that's being mildly optimistic.

After our scheduled check, more seems to be broken than fixed -- I imagine,, this could also be the case for that place.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Maybe some magical extension comes...

Good one... *snort*

I think they'll be initiating that new lay-out they had public a while back. Hauling the whole thing over to new servers or some such.

Comment

Maybe it will be postponed as the send-off for their precious patches...
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X