Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milky Way Stargate's and Intergalactic Dialing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Just I was thinking how easily McKay reprogrammed and synchronized the Pegasus DHD on the Wraith superhive in the series finale, so it is not impossible to have even two gates.
    You can dial out of from as many gates as you want. There could be 50 gates on Earth, a hundred, a thousand, and they would all let you gate out to another planet. One, however, would take priority when dialing in so you couldn't consecutively operate a Stargate Program out of them all.

If there is going to be a Moon base (with an MW gate) then they could still make a direct connection to the SGC or Homeworld Security with ring transport. So SGC would be closed down / destroyed / suspended, while the Army would move their operative in a shielded carter of the Moon. That could be the new base for a new SG movie.

Just why would they build a Moon base if any of the X304 ships could fill a similar role? That is the reason I have said, maybe the MW gate could be moved to the Hammond, which would land on Mars / Moon from a safe distance from Earth.
    Certainly, the gate can be moved anywhere within the solar system. Putting it on a 304 is problematic on two fronts, though.

One, they'd be transforming a valuable mobile weapon into a largely static operation. Sure, they could technically send the 304 off the halt a Wraith invasion if they needed to, but then they're removing the very necessary access point between Earth and he rest of the Stargate network. Alternatively, they could leave the gate behind, but then they'd need a defensive backup facility that could house it, which they'd have to devote time and resources to maintaining for this particular scenario. Why not just devote all your resources to maintaining a single base?

Two, it is to be expected that any SGC is going to run into a foothold situation. That's one of the positives for moving it offworld; they can more easily contain invaders and destroy the base if need be. But a 304 is a valuable resource that shouldn't be under threat of self-destruct whenever a foothold situation happens, and it is also a honeypot of advanced technology that they don't want falling into the hands of their enemies. Those advanced beam weapons, shields, and hyperdrive engines are what give Earth a fighting chance despite having a much smaller fleet than their enemies. Running an active Stargate program out of one puts those technologies in added danger of falling into enemy hands.

If they want a base elsewhere in the solar system, they should just build a base. It wouldn't require as many resources as building a 304, its design could be built specifically with containment in mind, and if they have to blow it up, it's not as significant of a loss. Plus, it wouldn't be a mobile weapons platform that you can aliens can harvest technology from or take it over and use it to attack Earth with. Imagine that. They put the SGC in a 304 and send it to Mars because they think it's too dangerous to keep it on Earth, and the next thing they know the SGC is flying overhead, firing beam weapons and nukes at their defenses.

One might say that they could strip those things from it, but then they spent a year and billions of dollars building a 304 that serves no offensive or defensive purpose instead of building a proper base.

Or I had some fan fiction idea, what if they could discover a Furling "moon door" teleportation system on Earth (like in the Paradise Lost) which has connected Mexico-Egypt/Iraq-Tibet, but we could find out why it is not working nowadays.
    There's no reason they can't just send a 304 to take the existing one for use in Earth's solar system. It's not like anyone is using it and it would be handy. I don't know that they want to make it that easy for Stargate invaders to get to Earth (having the only way between Mars/the Moon/whatever and Earth be a ship is a nice extra layer of security), but it would speed up the building process, and they can take it away when they're done.

Comment

I have meant that McKay used the Pegasus DHD to dial an MW address to escape from the SuperHive. And that was the reason he had to act quickly to synchronize the P gate and P DHD into the MW network.

I always expected some kind of Mars exploration with a tel'tac ship. I know Babylon 5 also used a similar plot that a Shadow vessel was found there. Just it feels a bit unlogical that they are flying around with spaceships in the galaxy, but they have never looked around on the planets in our solar system to boost the NASA. But then more and more scientist would know about the existence of the Stargate Program. But I would also expect some kind of stories based on this plot. They could find the traces of Furlings, Giant Aliens or any other advanced race on Mars / Moon / Io.

The SGC set was repainted to be the Icarus base in "Air" then it was boxed up or destroyed. That is the reason I was thinking that the SGC should be detroyed or damaged then they could rebuild it with different floors or rooms (like new jumper prototypes could be flown into the stargate from the rocet silo if the gate could be rotated or tilted from vertical to horizontal or something like that or a new hangar would be built above the gate room)
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
      X