Patches for cosplay uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patches for cosplay uniforms?

Hi all, so I already have an SG1 cosplay uniform and am looking to add one for Atlantis, and possibly one for either Odyssey or Daedalus. For Atlantis I liked the seasons 4-5 look more than the original uniforms. My question is, other than an Atlantis logo patch (I already have one), what would I need to complete the look? Also if you have suggestions for the jacket part itself I would appreciate that too. I’m thinking either red/Command, Blue/science, or green/technician for the accent.

If I were to do a flight suit for Daedalus or Odyssey, which patches would I need for those? From what I remember those uniforms are mostly the same other than the ship designation. Thankfully I don’t need to finish the project right away, as none of the Stargate actors are scheduled for conventions in my area this year.

Thanks
    Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Originally posted by wraithkelso View Post
    Hi all, so I already have an SG1 cosplay uniform and am looking to add one for Atlantis, and possibly one for either Odyssey or Daedalus. For Atlantis I liked the seasons 4-5 look more than the original uniforms. My question is, other than an Atlantis logo patch (I already have one), what would I need to complete the look?
    If you can swing it: the sleeve patches in both SG-1 and Atlantis appear to be held on by velcro, so to be "correct" I'd suggest cutting a piece of velcro to the shape of the patch (slightly smaller though so it doesn't show) and sewing that to the sleeve, and then its matching velcro piece to the back of your patches.

Also, Atlantis patch goes on the right arm, your country's flag patch goes on the left

To the best of my recollection they didn't wear any kind of rank insignia, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Also if you have suggestions for the jacket part itself I would appreciate that too. I’m thinking either red/Command, Blue/science, or green/technician for the accent.
    That sounds right. I remember Woolsey and Sam in red, and McKay in blue. I don't specifically remember green (which is not me disagreeing with you, I just don't remember ). There's also that yellowish colour for medical, which we saw on both Beckett and Keller.

If I were to do a flight suit for Daedalus or Odyssey, which patches would I need for those? From what I remember those uniforms are mostly the same other than the ship designation. Thankfully I don’t need to finish the project right away, as none of the Stargate actors are scheduled for conventions in my area this year.
    Ah, the ship uniforms differ rather more...

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4

As you can see, they wear something more in line with a real-world one-piece flight suit, it's not separate pants and top. I see...
    - built-in collar
    - built-in belt(?)
    - no epaulets, but cloth rank insignia sewn in to shoulders
    - a zipper that runs full length from collar to genitals
    - diagonal zipper pockets on both breasts
    - vertical zipper pocket on upper left arm but not upper right
    - ship patch on upper right chest
    - leather name/rank/wings patch on upper left chest
    - Stargate Command patch on upper right arm
    - unit? patch on right arm bicep below SGC patch
    - Patch on upper left arm that varies between Earth and Pegasus depending on the episode
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The green one is for the gate techs. You often saw Chuck wear one
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

looking for a flight suit on ebay might actually be cheaper to put together a Daedalus or Odyssey uniform than an Atlantis one lol
        Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Comment

...it might
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            If you can swing it: the sleeve patches in both SG-1 and Atlantis appear to be held on by velcro, so to be "correct" I'd suggest cutting a piece of velcro to the shape of the patch (slightly smaller though so it doesn't show) and sewing that to the sleeve, and then its matching velcro piece to the back of your patches.

Also, Atlantis patch goes on the right arm, your country's flag patch goes on the left

To the best of my recollection they didn't wear any kind of rank insignia, so that's one less thing to worry about!

That sounds right. I remember Woolsey and Sam in red, and McKay in blue. I don't specifically remember green (which is not me disagreeing with you, I just don't remember ). There's also that yellowish colour for medical, which we saw on both Beckett and Keller.

Ah, the ship uniforms differ rather more...

Pic 1
            Pic 2
            Pic 3
            Pic 4

As you can see, they wear something more in line with a real-world one-piece flight suit, it's not separate pants and top. I see...
            - built-in collar
            - built-in belt(?)
            - no epaulets, but cloth rank insignia sewn in to shoulders
            - a zipper that runs full length from collar to genitals
            - diagonal zipper pockets on both breasts
            - vertical zipper pocket on upper left arm but not upper right
            - ship patch on upper right chest
            - leather name/rank/wings patch on upper left chest
            - Stargate Command patch on upper right arm
            - unit? patch on right arm bicep below SGC patch
            - Patch on upper left arm that varies between Earth and Pegasus depending on the episode
            Any advice on what kind of jacket to use for Atlantis uniform (on base)? My goal is lightweight so it would be comfortable to wear at conventions but also provide a little warmth since I’m in Seattle area.

Comment

Working...
            X