Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did SG-1 ever follow through on their promise of hosts to the Tok'ra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did SG-1 ever follow through on their promise of hosts to the Tok'ra?

I have started a marathon of SG-1 and possibly Atlantis and Universe in honor of Carmen Argenziano's passing (and because I have an SGC sub). I have so far reached "Tok'ra" and was wondering if the SGC ever followed through with the offer of hosts to the Tok'ra either is book or otherwise?

Are you sure you want to know, if you haven't seen it before?

In case you're not....
    Spoiler:
    We're never shown whether or not it happened. It's never mentioned again.

Regarding books/comics, etc., I have no interest in non-canon material, so I have no idea.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If I recall correctly, Jacob was the only one who voluntarily blended with a Tok'ra. There were a couple of instances when blending took place not voluntarily, but you will see those when you come to those episodes.

And while I'm not positive, there may have been a few voluntary blendings in some of the Stargate novels. I haven't read any of them in a long time, so my memory is a bit fuzzy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        If I recall correctly, Jacob was the only one who voluntarily blended with a Tok'ra. There were a couple of instances when blending took place not voluntarily, but you will see those when you come to those episodes.

And while I'm not positive, there may have been a few voluntary blendings in some of the Stargate novels. I haven't read any of them in a long time, so my memory is a bit fuzzy about that.
        Oh I'm not afraid of any spoilers... I can't count how many times I've watch each series through to the end.

Comment

Well, the involuntary blendings that I remember are Kowalski, Sam, Dr. Rothman, Sarah Gardner, Jack (although I don't recall if he finally consented or ig he was overridden in order to save his life). and Shau're and Skaara. The only voluntary was when Hebron volunteered to blend with Tanith, and we all know how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Well, the involuntary blendings that I remember are Kowalski, Sam, Dr. Rothman, Sarah Gardner, Jack (although I don't recall if he finally consented or ig he was overridden in order to save his life). and Shau're and Skaara. The only voluntary was when Hebron volunteered to blend with Tanith, and we all know how that turned out.
            The only ones of those that were Tok'ra were Sam and Jack, the rest were all Goa'uld
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Don't forget Lieutenant Elliot and Lantash.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Good recall!

Comment

Dr.: Have you considered alternative treatment?
                  Patient: Sure, but which are you referring to?
                  Dr.: Well there's this new thing, it's called Snakes in the head, ever heard about it?
                  Patient: Neat!

I'm with Jack in regards to Tok'ra though, they were/are not to be trusted.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Well.. Hebron wanted to be a host by himself then he has got Tanith. Probably it is not what he expected as "long life"... Meh.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Well.. Hebron wanted to be a host by himself then he has got Tanith. Probably it is not what he expected as "long life"... Meh.
                      This guy was a creep (Hebron)... like he was way too thrilled about the prospect of having a snake inside him. Wonko.

Tanith was just an impassive evil bastard, love him.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        Dr.: Have you considered alternative treatment?
                        Patient: Sure, but which are you referring to?
                        Dr.: Well there's this new thing, it's called Snakes in the head, ever heard about it?
                        Patient: Neat!

I'm with Jack in regards to Tok'ra though, they were/are not to be trusted.
                        I partially agree (I hate Jack's abrasive/racist attitude), but yeah:

The Tok'ra didn't give enough in this alliance IMHO...Jacob had to STEAL the Ha'tak-Tracker for example and Selmak had lost the trust of the Council (despite probably being on it, since he's the oldest Tok'ra there is, if you discount Egeria (and she is dead at this point as far as I remember!)) becuase Jacob wasn't some docile primitive Hill-Billy (seriously, I doubt the Tok'ra want strong, capable, independent hosts from advanced species, they want to be in control and don't really admit it - even to themselves!)

I'd love to be a Tok'ra myself (the long live appeals to me!), but only if it is a truly equal relationship and not one with a domineering kind of Goa'uld reject symbiote who's only a Tok'ra because he/she couldn't handle being a Goa'uld

Comment

Working...
                        X