Ark Of Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark Of Truth

One wonders if the IOAs actions with Marrick releasing replicators (He was an A$$hat that got what he deserved) but Upon the return to earth... were the officers of the IOA called into question by the earths governments? Releasing replicators was hugely dangerous! Hey the IOA has to answer to somebody. Or at least one hopes...

S.S.

Almost certainly not. The IOA is notorious for indecisiveness. So if they made such a decision, you can bet the rest of the world governments was behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Almost certainly not. The IOA is notorious for indecisiveness. So if they made such a decision, you can bet the rest of the world governments was behind it.
      That would be the question I guess, do the world governments have a leash on the IOA?

S.S.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaShephard View Post
        That would be the question I guess, do the world governments have a leash on the IOA?

S.S.
        Since the IOA is basically the world's leash on the SGC, yes. It's why the IOA was so famously indecisive.

Hence my point: If the IOA was sufficiently in agreement to do something like the replicator plan, it must mean the majority of the IOA (and thus world governments) were in on it.

The USA itself may have been in on it. Or at least, they may have considered it a viable self-destruct option in case the Odyssey didn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          Since the IOA is basically the world's leash on the SGC, yes. It's why the IOA was so famously indecisive.

Hence my point: If the IOA was sufficiently in agreement to do something like the replicator plan, it must mean the majority of the IOA (and thus world governments) were in on it.

The USA itself may have been in on it. Or at least, they may have considered it a viable self-destruct option in case the Odyssey didn't come back.
          Ok I can buy that but for Merrick to put into action so soon after arriving... he was a dumbass after all and now that I think about it, I have met people that stupid in critical positions in the military soooo....

S.S.

Comment

I always had the impression the IOA was American owned & run & took the view "We can do what we want. If it goes wrong & we get in trouble we just apologise, but it is too late and we have already done it"
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Much of the tension created by the IOA is based around their attempt to check U.S. power. That is why, for example, they pushed to have Weir in charge of the Atlantis expedition, that's why they were angry when she turned out to be too independent for their liking, that's why they removed Carter from power after the replicator threat was gone, and it's why they installed Woolsey, thinking that he would be the perfect puppet leader.
              Last edited by Xaeden; 29 March 2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X