Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Farewell ‘Dad’. We will miss you. Carmen Argenziano 1943 - 2019

For those of us that have been lucky enough to go to conventions and meet the actors involved with the show, there is always this fun moment when you find out just how much the actor is like - or not like - the character they portray.

I won’t say that I knew Carmen personally. Far from it. I was lucky enough to interview him via phone once, and to meet him at a convention, and he was simply a lovely man. Funny, kind, and well I tend to think there was a lot of Jacob in Carmen.

He will be very missed

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

GateWorld Carmen Argenziano (1943-2019)

Carmen Argenziano 1943-2019

Our sincerest sympathy and condolences to his family,friends,fans and Stargate Cast members.

He will be missed!

Default Re: Farewell ‘Dad’. We will miss you. Carmen Argenziano 1943 - 2019

So sad
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Default Re: Carmen Argenziano (1943-2019)

Thank you, Denise and Baggie, for starting this thread. Carmen was a huge part of Stargate and our love for the show, and so a big part of Stargate fandom over the years. He did several conventions, and both Denise and myself cornered him for GateWorld interviews on two different occasions!

In this thread I want to invite everyone to share a memory of Carmen Argenziano. Maybe you met him at a convention. Maybe you got his autograph, or had a photo op (please post it!). Or maybe you just connected with him and his on-screen character in a special way.

What is a moment that sticks with you -- either with Carmen himself in real life, or with his portrayal of Jacob?

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

My apologies to Baggie
    I made a thread, she made one, I merged them but inadvertently made my post the first - silly time stamp. So I merged them and I do apologize to her for mucking things up

I guess it’s a testament to the man that we all want to note his passing.

I have never met him personally, but his role was not just a secondary role, but Jacob also counts as one of the major recurring character. It was nice to see him as part of this show and how his character became the face of the Tok'Ra. RIP.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

I never met him but he had my utmost respect as a person and an actor and the love on set could never be faked. It was genuinely real and his acceptance of Jack calling 'dad' when Pete never could.

I will miss him a lot as Jacob aka 'dad' and my condolences go out to all his family and friends.

I tip my hat to you Sir and thank you for everything. RIP.

Xxx

Last edited by planet_tv; February 10th, 2019 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added link to my Jacob Carter music video

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Lovely man...met him a couple of times, in Vancouver and at Chevron 7 in the UK..The Chevron weekend fell very close to my hubby and I's 25th Wedding Anniversary and we chatted briefly about this with Carmen at the bar one night...he congratulated us on being married so long and more importantly, working so hard at staying married for long!!..he was a true gentleman and had an incredibly sharp wit...at the same convention, the panel he shared with Michael Shanks (rare indeed) was so hilarious that he had most of us (including Michael) falling about with laughing as he described Jacob's death & aftermath (trust me, Carmen made it spectacularly funny) ...he was funny, interesting and kind...one of a kind...

Deeds

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

I never met Carmen but I'm still hugely saddened by the news of his passing. I'm enjoying seeing other people recount their experiences around the Internet, though. Rest in peace, Carmen.

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

They're setting up a fund for people interested in making memorial contributions in his name. I'll post the info.once they send to me

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    My apologies to Baggie
    I made a thread, she made one, I merged them but inadvertently made my post the first - silly time stamp. So I merged them and I do apologize to her for mucking things up

I guess it’s a testament to the man that we all want to note his passing.

There is also The Obituary Thread: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14650206
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Such sad news
    Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

Last edited by planet_tv; February 12th, 2019 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Added link to pscard's post in The Obituary Thread

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Michael Shanks' Twitter tribute to Carmen...:'(

https://twitter.com/MichaelShanks/st...14781941129216

Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

I saw him at a convention and he seemed to be a really nice man. I always loved his portayal of Jacob, he was such an important character for the show too. So very saddened by his passing, he will be remembered as a wonderful actor and a kind person. My condolences to his family, friends and all who knew him and will miss him.

Heart Re: Carmen Argenziano (1943-2019)

My first fandom, and shipper war, was Stargate and I'm glad that Carmen was in my corner. It made being in the minority ship much more bearable and less isolating. It helped validate to me that every ship, no matter how small and outside the norm, deserves to be supported and I wasn't some crazy chick.

That kind of inspiration is priceless. Anyone who brings hope to others will always be in our memories.
    Last edited by Hoshi_Reed; February 14th, 2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Unconventional Shipper and Proud of it!

Carmen; a wonderful man and a fantastic actor. We will miss you.

Airman

I liked his character in the show and I was very saddened by the news about his death, as if I lost someone very close. Rest in peace, Mr. Argenziano and thank you for giving us such a great character in Jacob.

Talented actor. He brought so much life and heart to what most would call a minor character. I was so sad to hear of his passing, but so grateful that we got him as the face, heart, and soul of Jacob Carter. Saying prayers for his family.

sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave…because I'd have rather died myself…than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3