Why does...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does...

Sheppard insist on telling everyone that they were the reason the Wraith are waking up early? I understand wanting to be honest and warn everyone but why does he insist on telling everyone that their first contact is the reason the wraith are awakening early?

S.S.

I am guessing it creates a reason to fight for the Pegasus galaxy as maybe he feels his and the expedition's actions responsible for massive Wraith kulling. Our noble heroes couldn't do such things that they have woken up the Wraith then they go back to hide and to let everybody suffer. Sheppard has got his own moral standards.
    Last edited by Platschu; 12 February 2019, 03:21 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's one of those things that is sadly missed in the show (like a lot of things) but I like to think that Shep felt a lot of guilt for waking up the Wraith and subconsciously wanted some punishment for it.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I thought it was because people would have expected the wraith to be years later, so he's warning them in advance that their awake now. Not telling them would make them at risk and leave them unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisrulez View Post
          I thought it was because people would have expected the wraith to be years later, so he's warning them in advance that their awake now. Not telling them would make them at risk and leave them unprepared.
          I wasn't suggesting that they don't warn people. I was just questioning the wisdom of telling everyone that the Atlantis expedition was the cause of it. They could have warned everyone they came across that the wraith were indeed awakening early. It just seemed to cause more problems than it solved.

S.S.

Comment

Even if SG:A 5x13 Inquisitions were not a really good episode, at least it was dealing with this subject. I liked how some more serious elements, slightly darker tones were put in the Atlantis.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Even if SG:A 5x13 Inquisitions were not a really good episode, at least it was dealing with this subject. I liked how some more serious elements, slightly darker tones were put in the Atlantis.
              Yes true! I actually liked Inquisitions. It gave Woolsey a little more screen time and made him a bit more likable. You are correct it did add a bit more depth to SGA.

S.S.

Comment

I guess it might be due to not wishing the new "friends" finding it out on their own and feeling betrayed by their new allies. Other than that, it is likely better to be honest about a mistake you made than just trying to hide it when you want someone to trust you for further interactions

Comment

I believe the reason may lie, maybe not entirely but in part, within Sheppard. In SGA 5x15 (Remnants) the AI that takes him over says this...

Spoiler:
                  KOLYA: You would have discovered the subterfuge. I'm unable to maintain a static illusion over time. It was necessary to keep your mind occupied.

SHEPPARD (glaring at the image of Kolya in front of him): And that's what you chose?

KOLYA: What you chose. I didn't have full control over your hallucination or the direction it took. It was your mind driving the diversion. I merely played along.

SHEPPARD: You're saying I tortured myself?

KOLYA: You torture yourself every day, John – but in this case it was your mind manifesting your darkest fears. You were the architect of your own self deception.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                    I guess it might be due to not wishing the new "friends" finding it out on their own and feeling betrayed by their new allies. Other than that, it is likely better to be honest about a mistake you made than just trying to hide it when you want someone to trust you for further interactions
                    Ahhh you do make a good point.

S.S.

Comment

Credibility perhaps?

"Hey, the wraith woke up and we think you could use the warning and possibly some help."
                      "Pfft. How would YOU know, crazy person?"
                      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                      X