• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identity, Part 1 (208)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE ORVILLE - SEASON TWO
    IDENTITY, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208
    Isaac's sudden deactivation prompts the crew to undertake a risky mission to his home planet, where they hope to convince the Kaylon to join the Union. But they soon learn that the artificial species has plans of their own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 March 2019, 10:03 PM.

I was pretty surprised by the turn of events at the end. It seems like they are planning on wiping out all organic life, or at least the sentient kind. Overall I really liked the episode for the sci-fi value and I'm really looking forward to next week.
    sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what to think about this episode. I enjoyed it until the twist. I thought, "Where could they possibly go from here?" but then the boarding party went onto The Orville. I thought that was a little silly. Actually the whole thing seems uninspired. Like I said, I assumed when the twist happened it must mean the end of the series because there is no way The Union should be able to defend itself against this advance race that has basically turned all of its knowledge over to Isaac. It seems like they should have known how to protect themselves against Union weaponry.

Anyway I know I am reading too much into it. I also know there will likely be some twist happy ending or something next week. Just wish it was better.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        I have no idea what to think about this episode. I enjoyed it until the twist. I thought, "Where could they possibly go from here?" but then the boarding party went onto The Orville. I thought that was a little silly. Actually the whole thing seems uninspired. Like I said, I assumed when the twist happened it must mean the end of the series because there is no way The Union should be able to defend itself against this advance race that has basically turned all of its knowledge over to Isaac. It seems like they should have known how to protect themselves against Union weaponry.

Anyway I know I am reading too much into it. I also know there will likely be some twist happy ending or something next week. Just wish it was better.
        Oddly that sounds like Best of Both Worlds.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Once they mentioned the spheres, I guessed they might be up to something. I reckon Isaac will be the key to stopping them. Was a bit weird that they knew everything and had all the tech but were disabled by starfleet weaponry.

Missing the comedy slightly but interested to see where this goes...

Comment

So here’s a theory I’ve just been introduced to... What if the Keylon’s are actually just playing a practical joke on the Union? ...I mean Issac cut off Malloys leg cos he thought it would be funny...

Comment

A massive revenge? Haha, and those crew members shot are just stunned!

Comment

No they're dead. But the Robots are just like "Oh what's the big deal? Just bring them back to life. Oh you can't do that? Wow you people are so primitive..."

Comment

Would be funny, but a bit dark for a comedy!

Comment

Maybe not a practical joke, but what if it was a test?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Even had references to ST: TMP, with the musical reference tp V'Ger.

Comment

Well I liked this episode, if a bit cliche.

The origins of the Kaylon are pretty simple. Of course a species of robots didn't spring up on a planet without the guiding hand of organics.

Comment

Working...
                        X