who were the God Aliens pt2 (94 movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who were the God Aliens pt2 (94 movie)

So since the previous thread went a-wire, here's my response to Nivao comment. I previously stated that Ra did not trust Jaffas as his personnal guard, and Nivao was wondering if it was in the mission files.

So, I dug this out of the mission files (10)

Fearful of what word of another revolt within his ranks could do for his standing, Ra dispatched his forces to bring the rebels to justice.

As he caught up with his Jaffa, Ra looked upon the rebels with interest. Though it was necessary, losing Aset was a blow that Ra could ill afford. The Supreme System Lord had found allies in short supply of late, and he had been forced to devise new ways to create loyal assets. Aset’s Kara’kesh modifications had helped him bend the minds of numerous beings, both friend and foe. Recently, Ra had been testing these techniques with the creation of a new form of honor guard, and these two specimens looked to be the perfect candidates to bolster their ranks. Regular Jaffa had proven too troublesome for a Goa’uld of Ra’s standing, but with a few refinements, his new Jackal and Horus guards could help him stamp his authority on the galaxy once more.

Aka: Ra was experimenting intensive brainwashing on humans to create the ultimate slave, yesman soldier.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    So since the previous thread went a-wire, here's my response to Nivao comment. I previously stated that Ra did not trust Jaffas as his personnal guard, and Nivao was wondering if it was in the mission files.

So, I dug this out of the mission files (10)

Fearful of what word of another revolt within his ranks could do for his standing, Ra dispatched his forces to bring the rebels to justice.

As he caught up with his Jaffa, Ra looked upon the rebels with interest. Though it was necessary, losing Aset was a blow that Ra could ill afford. The Supreme System Lord had found allies in short supply of late, and he had been forced to devise new ways to create loyal assets. Aset’s Kara’kesh modifications had helped him bend the minds of numerous beings, both friend and foe. Recently, Ra had been testing these techniques with the creation of a new form of honor guard, and these two specimens looked to be the perfect candidates to bolster their ranks. Regular Jaffa had proven too troublesome for a Goa’uld of Ra’s standing, but with a few refinements, his new Jackal and Horus guards could help him stamp his authority on the galaxy once more.

Aka: Ra was experimenting intensive brainwashing on humans to create the ultimate slave, yesman soldier.
    Thanks. This is pretty clear.

And it makes it pretty clear how conflicted Origins seems to be with everything that comes after, but that's off-topic. At the very least it still confirms that Ra's guards the team encountered on Abydos the first time were human and not Jaffa (which is also supported by Jack's remark in the pilot).

Comment

Which I suppose is intentionally meant to line up with Ra's servants in the movie all being human rather than Jaffa, and by extension, Jack commenting in "Children of the Gods" that they never saw any Jaffa when they went to Abydos the first time.

EDIT: And I see nivao was typing at the same time I was and clicked Post just sliiiightly quicker than me!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, I was just under the impression that Ra, while using Jaffa for his regular army, deliberately used the most loyal slaves (through brutal training, fighting and psychological brainwashing) as his personal guard (though I think that was a left-over from the RPG, and not something implied in the shows, to explain away that there were no Jaffa on Abydos).

Comment

Makes me realise how interesting Ra storyline is. I wish we could have an actual high-budget small trilogy or movie about his reign prior to the Abydos events (I'd love to see the Asgard vs Goa'uld war and how it ended up in a peace treaty)
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Makes me realise how interesting Ra storyline is. I wish we could have an actual high-budget small trilogy or movie about his reign prior to the Abydos events (I'd love to see the Asgard vs Goa'uld war and how it ended up in a peace treaty)
            This, I agree with. Perhaps even an anthology series (like Origins but an actual series and not ten short webisodes, kind of like American Horror Story or True Detective), depicting various important events, including the Asgard-Goa'uld war.

Comment

Would never happen. There's just not enough interest for something that niche.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Would never happen. There's just not enough interest for something that niche.
                Agreed, Very few franchises have that level of popularity.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

True that, I've said so myself. But guys, this is sci-fi, anything can happen including a good ol' time travel episode.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Even if we don't get to see it in live action, it's something I'd love to see in the EU. I love Ra, I always have and I wish he'd get some more exploration.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, EU (comics, books, ahem games), or even animated series (better than Infinity) could work too. It also feels more suitable for EU material rather than the "primary" franchise, to expand on the story.

Comment

Working...
                      X