Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probie

Default Re: Who were the god aliens in the 1994 film and Origins?

Earlier in this discussion there was talk about how many gates there were. If you look at this logically that the gate had a number of combinations meaning more than one address. If it was meant to go to just one place wouldn't it be in a fixed position so it did not need to be dialed?

Chief Master Sergeant

As it happens, I watched all of SG1 a number of years ago but have forgotten some of the issues we are discussing. In addition, I am halfway through season 5 of SGA and have seen the rest since the beginning of SGA.
    I guess it could be argued that the power of the goa'uld emerges only in a symbiotic relationship between human qualities and some special capabilities contained within the tiny brains if the little snakes.
    Last edited by Davey; February 28th, 2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I am afraid everything has been combined in this thread. Essentially let me ask it this way: According to the canon of the 1994 film and Origins, where did the gods come from, where did they acquire all their power and ability to control humans if they were humans themselves?
    Second, in the TV canon, how could little snakes with such tiny heads contain so much knowledge and power?
    Third, does the 1994 canon absolutely exclude the possibility that the gods were either superhuman aliens or humans possessed by some enormous alien power?? Leaving aside the mystery of how little snake brains could be so intelligent and powerful...
    There are some species of parasites that are well known to directly interfere with its host decision making process. Obviously we're a long way from a Goa'uld.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavi...ering_parasite

Everything in (good)Sci-Fi is loosely, sometimes very remotely, based on science
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.