• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The current theory of life formed after the Big Bang
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
      So was it conceivable that ordinary homo sapiens as we are could emerge without any connection to the Ancients at all? Could it be that Ancients were only one portion of humans that emerged in one or another galaxy and that other humans existed simultaneously and independently of the Ancients?
      I'd say no. They did exist simultaneously since it is mentioned that some of them stayed on Earth with the ''primitives'' and others left the Galaxy.

Also, if I may add (for our own history, not SG), Homo Sapiens (the modern man), co-existed with many different ''kind'' of humans, contrary to the old theory that somehow Sapiens wiped out the previous humans on Earth and took over. Paleolithic humans have spread out all over the globe pretty much, you had the classic caveman with the big noses in the North (Europe) and other settlements in Asia as well.

It is theorized that humans had been living in Asian for 75k-100k years prior to the arrival of Sapiens. All this we know due to gene analysis of some isolated tribes in Africa and Asia. Basically, we are a mixture of genes of different strains of humans since Sapiens spread all over the globe.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Based on what we know, no. Ancients seeded human life in the milky way, left and then seeded more human life in Pegasus.
        I agree with this, and even if this wasn't the case the Dakara weapon, was indeed capable of destroying and creating life... From what I can remember off the cuff... Which as we know was built by the ancients... I'd go as far as to say they might have seeded life beyond the Pegasus Galaxy... We just never got around to seeing it... Maybe because the Destiny...(from SGU) was out for several million years or so.. so many of those off-world planets that were seeded with Gates could have had human (non ascended ancients, AKA our ancestors) life at one point or another... how do we know that the ancients themselves didn't inhabit some of those worlds that were seeded before they ascended?...

By the way, this post is not meant to discredit anyone else's post... I'm just stating my own opinion, mixed with some facts

Also back to the original OP's question about non-human life on other planets... I think so.. think about the Ursini that were found on the seed ship that was ahead of the Destiny.. that's not to say they are the only ones, but I think that's a pretty good example... Based on the fact they could read and operate ancient systems efficiently... I've always wondered do they have the ancient gene?? They would have to wouldn't they?? And I know they might have been self-taught, because they showed signs of being psychic.. and also kind of having a hive mind. But you need the gene right?..also yes I am very aware that it's possible for an ancient system to be initiated, and then the gene does not have to be used afterward..but doctor Rush clearly states that the seed ships were unmanned! And with the universe being as big as it is and with the ancients being the ACTUAL gate builders and finding that "meaning of life/universe" for lack of a better term, transmission/signal at the end of destiny's course/end of the universe, it's hard to believe that in all of their wisdom, they wouldn't have seeded, or even experimented (which we've seen them do with Fringe scientists on Atlantis) with other species.

Just a thought! let me know what you think of mine!!

Cheers,
        -Frank
        Last edited by Franksixer; 11 March 2019, 12:12 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
          I think so.. think about the Ursini that were found on the seed ship that was ahead of the Destiny.. that's not to say they are the only ones, but I think that's a pretty good example... Based on the fact they could read and operate ancient systems efficiently... I've always wondered do they have the ancient gene?? They would have to wouldn't they??
          Destiny era technology pre-dates gene locked technology, so gaining full control of the seed ship would have simply been a matter of password cracking.

And with the universe being as big as it is and with the ancients being the ACTUAL gate builders and finding that "meaning of life/universe" for lack of a better term, transmission/signal at the end of destiny's course/end of the universe, it's hard to believe that in all of their wisdom, they wouldn't have seeded, or even experimented (which we've seen them do with Fringe scientists on Atlantis) with other species.
          Sure, there's nothing to suggest that the Ancients only created humans, but the Ursini were natives to that area of space who discovered the seed ship and boarded in during their people's war with the drones. Unless you're suggesting they were actually created by the seed ship, it's not really plausible for the Ancients to have made them since they were from a faraway galaxy that the Destiny only just arrived in after traveling for untold millions of years.

Comment

The Ancients have never even been out there. They never boarded the Destiny once it left. Or at the very least it is mostly believed that the Ancients never bothered to board after it left the known cluster of galaxies because they became more concerned with ascension (after which it is quite reasonable to assume, I think, that they would have learned what the CMBR was anyway). And as far as I know about the seed ships, they were only capable of manufacturing and planting stargates.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
              The Ancients have never even been out there. They never boarded the Destiny once it left. Or at the very least it is mostly believed that the Ancients never bothered to board after it left the known cluster of galaxies because they became more concerned with ascension (after which it is quite reasonable to assume, I think, that they would have learned what the CMBR was anyway). And as far as I know about the seed ships, they were only capable of manufacturing and planting stargates.
              *Believed to

Speculation as far as I'm concerned
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Sure, but even if they did go at some point, it seems physically impossible that they could have got to a ship billions of light years away, and then somehow got themselves far enough ahead of it to create life that could evolve for several million years into the forms that the Destiny expedition meets during SGU.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Sure, but even if they did go at some point, it seems physically impossible that they could have got to a ship billions of light years away, and then somehow got themselves far enough ahead of it to create life that could evolve for several million years into the forms that the Destiny expedition meets during SGU.
                  This part I agree, one could also assume the seeding tech wasn't around in the Destiny era. Also makes no sense whatsoever that the Ursini would've been created by the Ancients and evolved to a high-tech society by the time the seed ship went through this galaxy.

As for the Ancients visiting Destiny, I like to think some did and merged their minds permanently with the computer, which would explain the sort of ''AI'' that Destiny has (referring to the part where Destiny is seemingly aware of which supplies are needed for the ship / people on board). But here I go derailing a thread again, sorry.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I also believe in a way that some Ancients visited Destiny at some point, perhaps as part of the mass exodus together with Atlantis leaving, the time loop machine, and the Dakara device. I felt that they perhaps upgraded some parts of the Destiny to make it more durable or something.

In any case, I thought it was mentioned in SGU that the Ancients never boarded Destiny?

Comment

In any case, I thought it was mentioned in SGU that the Ancients never boarded Destiny?
                      It's been a year or two since I've watched it so I could be dead wrong, but that was my recollection as well.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        It's been a year or two since I've watched it so I could be dead wrong, but that was my recollection as well.
                        I’m pretty sure they did, but that could have been an assumption on their part. Not that they’re canon but the comics seem to take the notion of it being an assumption given that they find Ancients in stasis aboard ship in the continuation series.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Again like Rush quote that the ship is hundreds of thousands of years old, it's an estimate, speculation. Dug a bit for clues to support the theory that the Ancients have boarded Destiny before...

AIR Pt 2
                          JOHANSEN: Everyone's heart rates are elevated; people are reporting headaches. It has to be.

SCOTT: What?

BRODY: The used-up residue of whatever magic compound the Ancients used to scrub CO2 from the air.
                          That means someone put it there, either at launch or during the trip. I'd say if it was put there at launch, it would've long faded away since the ship is million(s) of years old.

As for the part Nick mentions, from Air as well:

RUSH: Of course I do - but I'm also trying to learn as much as I can, as quickly as I can. That is, in addition to running nine separate searches of the database in the hope of solving our life support issues.

(He swivels back to the console.)

WALLACE (a little guiltily): Right. Found anything?

RUSH: Destiny.

(Nearby, Brody and Park look at him in confusion.)

WALLACE: As in ours?

RUSH: The name of the ship, translated from Ancient.

(Eli stands and walks over to the console.)

RUSH: I've also discovered that they were never here.

WALLACE: I thought this was an Ancient ship.

RUSH: It is, but they sent it out unmanned, planning to use the Gate to get here when it was far enough out into the universe. But they probably learned to ascend before that time.
                          So again, Rush being Rush, categorically assumes the Ancients never boarded Destiny, and that conclusion was made after he browsed the minor console in the secondary control room. I don't believe this can be taken as actual fact, just like his estimation of Destiny's age is dead wrong.

We've speculated in an other thread in some lengths about this, I believe with Xaeden. In a nutshell, my theory is that Destiny was a secret project and that if anybody actually boarded the ship during its course, he would most likely have wiped the data from the computers. Mainly because the 9th chevron mention in the Ancient database is so vague, why not put a little caption ''If you gate here you're on a ship on the other side of the freaking Universe''. There was no mention of the ship nor of its mission anywhere. The best way to hide something is in plain sight wouldn't you agree?

Edit: We also know for a fact that Ascended-form Ancients cannot travel at ''warp speed'' since we've seen them use the gate on many occasions. They can't just ''Float in space'' wherever they want, so being ascended is irrelevant to them boarding the Destiny, unless they used the gate to do so, which would also leave no trace.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Again like Rush quote that the ship is hundreds of thousands of years old, it's an estimate, speculation. Dug a bit for clues to support the theory that the Ancients have boarded Destiny before...

AIR Pt 2

That means someone put it there, either at launch or during the trip. I'd say if it was put there at launch, it would've long faded away since the ship is million(s) of years old.

As for the part Nick mentions, from Air as well:

So again, Rush being Rush, categorically assumes the Ancients never boarded Destiny, and that conclusion was made after he browsed the minor console in the secondary control room. I don't believe this can be taken as actual fact, just like his estimation of Destiny's age is dead wrong.

We've speculated in an other thread in some lengths about this, I believe with Xaeden. In a nutshell, my theory is that Destiny was a secret project and that if anybody actually boarded the ship during its course, he would most likely have wiped the data from the computers. Mainly because the 9th chevron mention in the Ancient database is so vague, why not put a little caption ''If you gate here you're on a ship on the other side of the freaking Universe''. There was no mention of the ship nor of its mission anywhere. The best way to hide something is in plain sight wouldn't you agree?
                            That... Actually makes a lot of sense...
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Interesting theory about Destiny being a "secret project". Now that Chaka mentioned it, I do find it awkward that only Atlantis vaguely mentions the nine-chevron address without any other information. This actually somewhat fits with my "fanon" (even if it won't matter).

But okay, yeah, Rush's vagueness is not proof. However, the "hundreds of thousands of years" remark was stated to be a writer's error, not a deliberate faulty statement.

Comment

Interesting theory about Destiny being a "secret project". Now that Chaka mentioned it, I do find it awkward that only Atlantis vaguely mentions the nine-chevron address without any other information. This actually somewhat fits with my "fanon" (even if it won't matter).

But okay, yeah, Rush's vagueness is not proof. However, the "hundreds of thousands of years" remark was stated to be a writer's error, not a deliberate faulty statement.
                                Not even that, it was a deleted scene, so technically it's not even canon.

Comment

Working...
                                X