Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Ancient Warship Tria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Ancient Warship Tria?

After the Daedalus made contact with the Ancients traveling at .999 light speed, and subsequent return of the ancients to Atlantis... What happened to the Tria? I didn't seem to find any more reference to it in the episode "the return." Did they repair it and bring it back or what?

S.S.

I believe it was just left out in the void between galaxies. It's certainly potential future storyline bait.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

There's no other option really than what Elite Anubis suggested. It's not like they could tow it back out, they'd need to slap an Hyperdrive engine to get it out.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

They could always try and install a new Asgardian/Tauri hyperdrive in it. I do wonder how they could conceivably tow a ship, though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          They could always try and install a new Asgardian/Tauri hyperdrive in it. I do wonder how they could conceivably tow a ship, though.
          Makes you wonder why they didn't? SG teams never passed the opportunity to hi-jack a Ha'tak or a Hive. I mean it's a warship, ancient tech, who would pass on that? Season 6 future plot does sound likely.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Seems like the kind of thing the Atlantis writing staff would just completely forget about though, doesn't it?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              I do wonder how they could conceivably tow a ship, though.
              Thor once used what I assume was a tractor beam to tow the Prometheus. It slowed down their hyperspace travel time, but nevertheless successfully enabled him to bring the Prometheus to the Ida galaxy. Presumably Earth could one day learn to replicate that tech using the Asgard computer core, so even if repairing or replacing the Tria's hyperdrive is not possible, towing it to Earth or Atlantis and using it solely for defensive purposes is not a bad option.

Comment

Well an acient warship hanging around in the middle of NO and WHERE. It’s at least a plot possibility when SGA starts back up ??

Positive thinking here folks.

S.S.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Seems like the kind of thing the Atlantis writing staff would just completely forget about though, doesn't it?
                  Along with a lot of other things.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                    Thor once used what I assume was a tractor beam to tow the Prometheus. It slowed down their hyperspace travel time, but nevertheless successfully enabled him to bring the Prometheus to the Ida galaxy. Presumably Earth could one day learn to replicate that tech using the Asgard computer core, so even if repairing or replacing the Tria's hyperdrive is not possible, towing it to Earth or Atlantis and using it solely for defensive purposes is not a bad option.
                    Very true. Sounds like something the Legacy books could bring up at some point!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X