Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cameron Mitchell Backstory? I.E. what did he do for 10 years from 29 to 39?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron Mitchell Backstory? I.E. what did he do for 10 years from 29 to 39?

I saw references to this backstory of cam Mitchel in other threads as an add on to the itunes release of continuum? Is this that piece?

Anyway it shows Lt Col Mitchel NOT quietly living out his life till the Achilles sets sail and him Stopping Baal.

What the HELL, don't affect the time line? Emilia Earhart? Suggesting to Tom Blake put a skag on a surf board? Flying as a fighter pilot?

I know this is all stuff Cam Mitchel would do? But Should he do/have done? time line continuity and all.

S.S.

https://youtu.be/ax4qvM6qAas

This is what I am talking about.

S.S.

Comment

You're here to take umbrage with...an uninspired YouTube fan video put together by some Ben Browder fanboy/fangirl?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        You're here to take umbrage with...an uninspired YouTube fan video put together by some Ben Browder fanboy/fangirl?
        Dont think this was fan inspired, I think Ben Browder did this or was involved in its production? I think this was part of the release of the movie. Hence Canon?

S.S.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaShephard View Post
          Dont think this was fan inspired, I think Ben Browder did this or was involved in its production? I think this was part of the release of the movie. Hence Canon?

S.S.
          Just because it came from the Ben Browder Network doesn't make it official or canon. It's only canon if MGM approved of it, and they didn't. It was most likely a fan made video that got sent to Ben's network. Doesn't mean he approved it either. So, again, not canon.

There are some fanfiction stories that address this issue, but it has been a long time since I read them and don't remember title/author. However, those are not canon either.

p.s. - And even if Ben did the narrating on that video, it is still not canon.

Comment

I read that there was a "Extra" that was released with Continuum on itunes. IS THIS video that release? Does anyone know?

S.S.

Comment

I can barely read it BUT it appears to have MGMs name on it at the very end starting at 8:10 mark

S.S.

Comment

Not trying to be difficult here, but unless MGM specifically acknowledges this video as something they created, the fact that MGM is shown at the end of the video does not mean they have given approval. It merely means that the fan who made this video used that information at the bottom of the screen to make it look as though MGM approved of it. Why are you so insistent that this might have been approved of this video?

Comment

Ok in this Q&A with Ben Browder and Claudia Black, at the 41:30 mark Ben Browder SAYS that this was put out by MGM as an extra for the Release of Continuum and he did write it! Sooooo this would be canon! With him writing it I now understand why the crazy antics. Cam Mitchel just couldn't help himself BUT he somehow didn't drastically affect the timeline.

It would be super hard in his position to stay out of the way of history after all.

S.S.
                  Last edited by SeaShephard; 14 February 2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X