X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man: Far From Home -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Trailer just released!

Premieres July 5 2019!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Looks awesome!

Comment

That looks like an incredibly fun movie

Comment

It looks really nice. But I wish they could have skipped London. This location was already used in the Thor 2 movies, where they destroyed half of Greenwich anyway. So even if I love the (digital) location of Venice, they could chosen an other Europen city for the other half of the movie.

Keep Budapest for the Hawkeye / Black Widow movie if it ever happens.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Looks awesome!
          Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          That looks like an incredibly fun movie
          Agreed

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          It looks really nice. But I wish they could have skipped London. This location was already used in the Thor 2 movies, where they destroyed half of Greenwich anyway.
          I'd guess that was for two reasons: so that they don't have to waste screen time on having a bunch of high school kids stumbling over language barriers, and the real-world practicality of an existing a film industry in the area (ie: Pinewood).

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Keep Budapest for the Hawkeye / Black Widow movie if it ever happens.
          Fingers crossed!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Saw this before I left work too....comics legend Dan Slott on Twitter:

Third movie pitch:
            Spider-Man: Home for the Holidays
            (And it’s a X-Mas Film.)

Comment

And let the speculation begin!

People dissecting the trailer have noted that the building under construction that Spidey swings past in the trailer appears to be the old Avengers Tower, that Tony sold in Homecoming. And of course, they are speculating like crazy on what the construction might be for...and who bought the building. Baxter? Oscorp?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

People dissecting the trailer have noted that the building under construction that Spidey swings past in the trailer appears to be the old Avengers Tower, that Tony sold in Homecoming. And of course, they are speculating like crazy on what the construction might be for...and who bought the building. Baxter? Oscorp?
                Ohh, is that why evreyones talking about that building? I love the fact Fury appears to be in the Shard in London!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

It occurs to me that not everyone may know what I was talking about here....

Oscorp is the corporation owned by Norman Osborn in the comics (as well as the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire films). Norman Osborn is, of course, the Green Goblin, a frequent Spider-Man villain. With Marvel and Sony now in partnership to utilize Spider-Man characters and stories in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's at least a possibility that we might start to hear about Oscorp in the MCU movies.

The Baxter Building, meanwhile, is the longtime headquarters of the Fantastic Four. With Disney's buyout of the FOX film division, rights to the Fantastic Four either already have or are soon to revert back to Marvel, meaning that anything to do with the Fantastic Four can now be done in the MCU.

....hence the internet going berserk with speculation

Comment

New trailer!!

CAUTION: CONTAINS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Comment

Is it wrong to laugh at Happy wanting everyone to get on the jet right before it explodes

Spoiler:
                      Kind of curious where they are going with the SNAP opening a whole in the multiverse. Besides the obvious way to bring back dead characters
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

If laughing at that was wrong, I don't want to be right. I'm also very pleased at how much Happy was in it!

Spoiler:
                        I was really not expecting them to have this address Endgame so much though. Actual consequences, a 'hole' in the universe....I figured that this would be a school trip driven by a need to recover from the trauma of the Snappening and that would be it.

Comment

I love this new trailer. It is good to see that life is going on in the MCU.

I wish they would make a phase4 announcement shortly. And if they produce only 3 movies per year, then they should leave something for November as it feels bad that we have to wait for the next MCU movie probably until March after this Spiderman movie.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This looks awesome!

Comment

They are making this s confusing.
                              And I think they're doing this on purpose to get everyone to discuss and speculate.
                              Once they said Aunt May was snapped and then they said she wasn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Now about the threat of the elementals, I'm glad this time the villain is supernatural.
                              I'm still not sure about Gyllenhaal's character. Is he to be trusted or not

Comment

Working...
                              X