Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 2 general discussion thread (spoilers up to most recently aired episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 general discussion thread (spoilers up to most recently aired episode)

Solid so far, but I question the wisdom of having two Bortas-centric episodes in a row, right at the start of the season.

That said, I like how so far this season they're making an effort to build up the family and domestic relationships on the ship. Ed/Kelly/Cassius and Claire and her kids in the first episode (even though I keep wanting to call her Kasidy!), Bortas's....er....marital issues in the second.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I was kind of put off that Bortus wasnt punished for almost blowing up the Orville. Although I always wondered why Trek never did this kind of episode. I can see a lot of people using simulators/holodecks for such a purpose
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I could see them doing it on TNG for...well, many characters. Barclay, Geordi, Riker, Troi, Crusher, Wesley. Not so much on DS9, even though the tone of the show would allow for it more than TNG's. The only one I can see it maybe working for is Season 1 or 2 Nog, but that might not fly because he was supposed to still be a kid at that point.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This week's ep did remind me of the TNG episode where Barclay was having a relationship with a Holo-Troi.

Comment

Even the cut scene music showing the ship kinda had TNG music effects.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            but I question the wisdom of having two Bortas-centric episodes in a row, right at the start of the season.
            Ahhh okay I just figured this out. Apparently one of the episodes from Season 1 was held back because of FOX scheduling shenanigans, and judging by the episode production codes, episode 2 of this season was meant to be the second-to-last episode of Season 1.

Comment

The upcoming episode (e12) "Ed discovers that Moclans aboard the Orville are harboring a secret." already has me going, again? I wish Dann or Yaphit was harboring a secret.

We'll see...
              sigpic

Comment

Oh man, not again.

Comment

So...Jessica Szohr and Talla's weird hairstyle. Did she get it written into her contract that she only has to wear half the Xelayan makeup prosthetics or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    So...Jessica Szohr and Talla's weird hairstyle. Did she get it written into her contract that she only has to wear half the Xelayan makeup prosthetics or something?
                    Yeah they have made her less big headed and stuff too.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the Moclan stuff, but I agree. The Moclans have solidified a reputation of being a lot to handle.

But I would prefer it over every species on the ship causing a main story issue. Maybe the opposite could happen, like the species doesn't conflict with the Union's policies and procedures, but offers a conflict in another way.

Comment

It seemed like they wrote in Talla as a hasty replacement for Alara leaving. Basically just a copy and paste job. I almost wish they had at least switched genders or something with the new character.

Comment

Working...
                        X