Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avengers Endgame pre-release post-credits speculation (spoilers up to Infinity War)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avengers Endgame pre-release post-credits speculation (spoilers up to Infinity War)

I've been speculating with some friends over what we might see in the credits/post-credits scenes of Avengers: Endgame. Between the universe Marvel already built by themselves, with the Sony partnership, and now the FOX acquisition, there are tons and tons of possibilities.

What do you think might happen, or what would you like to see?

Here's some that we dreamed up:

Deep space shot of a nebula. You see something moving. You realize it's flying toward the camera, then at the last second, as it 'hits' the camera, you realize it's Silver Surfer.

One of the Avengers who lost everything (Bucky if Cap dies? Clint if his family is toast?) is alone in the wilderness somewhere. Switch to shot of his back from 10-15 feet away. Slide camera left and the shot is gradually obscured by the silhouette of a certain iconic hairdo (Wolverine). Snap to black.

One of the 'funnier' Avengers (say Rhodey for the sake of argument) is walking through New York. They turn a corner around a building and nearly walk into Deadpool in full costume. Rhodey: "What the f-" and sharp cut to black rather than say the curse

A recreation of the Thanos teaser in The Avengers. After the world is saved, we see Silver Surfer kneeling telling Galactus he found a planet for him to feed on. Then Galactus turns to the camera.

A castle in former Sokovia. A hooded figure watches news reports from around the world on several screens. One is of the funeral for Cap. Another reports Sokovia has been annexed by neighboring Latveria. The hooded figure’s eyes gleam behind a metal mask. Cut.

An ENDING. Even though we know more movies are in the pipe, either no scene at all or a 'road goes ever on' scene like the main end of Ultron with New Avengers training.

Tighter Sony integration: if the Venom movie hadn't happened, I think it would've been cool if we'd had a scene on the International Space Station. One of the astronauts (perhaps wearing a Jameson jumpsuit?) is fixing something and somehow gets some oily black stuff on his hand. End.

A montage with voiceover from Cap about how he was the first generation of heroes but there’ll always be others there to defend us. Cut to scenes of Spider-Man, Black Panther & Capt. Marvel. One girl in NYC sees Capt Marvel fly overhead w/ a sense of wonder before her mother shouts “Kamala!”
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

A castle in former Sokovia. A hooded figure watches news reports from around the world on several screens. One is of the funeral for Cap. Another reports Sokovia has been annexed by neighboring Latveria. The hooded figure’s eyes gleam behind a metal mask. Cut.
    I'm more inclined towards a charismatic and intelligent man in a hood seize power in the crippled country and rename it to Latveria to "erase" the past and start doing a MAGA in Eastern Europe.

But I have also always kind of wanted the F4 team to have been active in the 60's, somehow lost to time, their existence eventually forgotten about, only to somehow re-emerge in the present. But they have already kind of done that with Cap.
    sigpic

Comment

I just thought with the Far from Home trailer and speculation about "that" building whether there will be a scene then a pan out revealing a billboard for OsCorp Building Coming Soon! or something like they do with new buildings

Comment

Working...
      X