Question about logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about logo

I apologise for my question, but I feel out of options. I am NOT advertising, but seeking help.
    I am seeking help here because the media I am investigating contains a Stargate font.

My question: where is that bird symbol coming from? It is clearly a crossover from some other frenchise...

Media:
    https://maginarium.pl/15764-large_de...-it-s-r2d2.jpg

Originally posted by filip View Post
    I apologise for my question, but I feel out of options. I am NOT advertising, but seeking help.
    I am seeking help here because the media I am investigating contains a Stargate font.

My question: where is that bird symbol coming from? It is clearly a crossover from some other frenchise...

Media:
    https://maginarium.pl/15764-large_de...-it-s-r2d2.jpg
    It doesn't look quite the same but at a guess I'd say it's meant to be the Mockingjay from Hunger Games.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Nah, I checked, IMHO it looks totally differrent. I guess it could be from some spaceship army, or mecha...

Comment

I don't see a bird symbol in those photos, but the photos remind me of something from "Doctor Who".

Comment

Yes, that robot is called Dalek, and it is from Doctor Who, but the bird symbol on its chest is added, it was not there originally, it is from some other movie, and this is precisly what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I don't see a bird symbol in those photos, but the photos remind me of something from "Doctor Who".
            Zoom in on where the Dalek's gun arm should be.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As it so happens, I have a coaster at home with that exact image... I'll have to look at it later cause I can't seem to make out what the bird is supposed to be.

But so far, I've come up with the Aliiance logo from Firefly, or a representation of the Klingon bird of prey.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It could be a style-ized "great bird of the galaxy"
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  As it so happens, I have a coaster at home with that exact image... I'll have to look at it later cause I can't seem to make out what the bird is supposed to be.

But so far, I've come up with the Aliiance logo from Firefly, or a representation of the Klingon bird of prey.
                  Thank you for ideas. I checked Firefly and it is different... Same with Klingon, but they already reference that franchise, so no need to double use it.

What about that poster of yours? Maybe it could hold some clues!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    It could be a style-ized "great bird of the galaxy"
                    Looks different to me

Comment

Originally posted by filip View Post
                      What about that poster of yours? Maybe it could hold some clues!
                      Coaster, not poster, but it indeed had a much better resolution.

I can confirm that it is in fact the outline of Serenity from Firefly, and not a bird.

Comment

Good eye.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Good eye.
                          Had to give it a good look though cause I didn't immediately recognize it. And then I was like... "oh wait a minute..."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Coaster, not poster, but it indeed had a much better resolution.

I can confirm that it is in fact the outline of Serenity from Firefly, and not a bird.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/b9...03b86cb9f8.jpg
                            Thank you!

You're a gentleman and a scholar, not only have you saved my mind, but also taught me a new word!

Tal'ma'te!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X