I need help writing the end battle in my fic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help writing the end battle in my fic

I've been stuck on this since early November and it's been driving me up the wall (especially with so few Stargate fans in other writing communities).

The final battle in my fic takes place on a Wraith hive ship. My OC distracts the Queen but leaves everything else up to Teyla (who is needed because she can use wraith tech to get them out, open doors, etc. Plus, my OC is only skiled at distraction, not fighitng, like Teyla is.) I need to include at least one other character, as just after the fight, they witness Teyla doing something suspicious.

I'm aiming to end it with a crash-landing on a planet, but I know that doesn't help much.

I could really use plot bunnies, suggestions, questions, anything to get my brain going (or interest people in the story).
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

What is OC? Your own character?

If we are in a Hive, you could tell a story about antigravity technology, so the Wraiths could walk on ceilings then "fly" down to normal level. Or the artificial gravity could be turned off by Teyla...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'd recommend forget thinking of it like a fight and instead go with something like the finale of Alien. Your OC needs to keep the wraith occupied but constantly at a distance. Your tensions comes from them being constantly on the run and trying to improvise a defence and keep them away from teyla. Maybe trick the wraith into getting within range of a c4 blast for example or similar. As for a third character it doesn't really matter. Just make them someone who can guard teyla but will let your character do what they do. Lorne maybe.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        I'd recommend forget thinking of it like a fight and instead go with something like the finale of Alien. Your OC needs to keep the wraith occupied but constantly at a distance. Your tensions comes from them being constantly on the run and trying to improvise a defence and keep them away from teyla. Maybe trick the wraith into getting within range of a c4 blast for example or similar. As for a third character it doesn't really matter. Just make them someone who can guard teyla but will let your character do what they do. Lorne maybe.
        As I planned more and more, I figured the villain would know to dal with Lorne and other soldeirs very early. I plan to have him, Cameron, and the Daedalus crew beamed into prison, and the lights turned off. Ronon would be left on the ship.

So far it looks like Vala or someone less liekly to save the day would witness Teyla, but it's not like Vala lies about that kind of stuff.

I don't know how Vala (and a few others less predicted) would be able to crash the ship while surviving, though.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          What is OC? Your own character?
          Yes. Original Character. Sorry, it's a popular abbreviation.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          If we are in a Hive, you could tell a story about antigravity technology, so the Wraiths could walk on ceilings then "fly" down to normal level. Or the artificial gravity could be turned off by Teyla...
          I tha'ts not how gravity works though. In order to 'fly' down, someone would have to make the ceilign the new 'floor', then reverse is just as they jump to land on the 'acutual' floor.

Comment

Working...
          X