• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontier - Discovery channel / Netflix

Anybody watch this show?

frontier.jpg
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Ahahah..

Been background noise for three years now. It's decent but...Forgettable.

And this season, despite some standout moments, was pretty bad in comparison to the previous 2.

That said I hope it gets a fourth.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      Ahahah..

Been background noise for three years now. It's decent but...Forgettable.

And this season, despite some standout moments, was pretty bad in comparison to the previous 2.

That said I hope it gets a fourth.
      Woohoo! someone else that watches it

I find myself being the only one that seems to enjoy the show... I'm actually surprised that it kept going for so long. I don't think it was marketed right, before I watched the first episodes I thought it was a more or less boring show. But man does Momoa brings a good performance as Dicklon Harp.

Personally, I quite enjoyed S03, what's so bad about it if you feel like sharing?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Momoa, the actor who played Chesterfield, and the baron dude were the only good reasons to watch.

Though I liked the new English leader that was introduced this season (can't remember his name)

I don't know...I just wish the show was better because the setting is ****ing fantastic. There are a few shows from this time period (Outlander, Poldark, Turn, Frontier) and they are all interesting in their own ways
        sigpic

Comment

Momoa, the actor who played Chesterfield, and the baron dude were the only good reasons to watch.

Though I liked the new English leader that was introduced this season (can't remember his name)

I don't know...I just wish the show was better because the setting is ****ing fantastic. There are a few shows from this time period (Outlander, Poldark, Turn, Frontier) and they are all interesting in their own ways
          I found Chesterfield such an annoying and idiotic character that I rejoiced to see him go. The new leader seems clever. Man didn't McGillion last long lol. Was nice to see him again though.

The only thing I seem to see eye-to-eye with you is Lord Benton. They messed up his ending, felt very anti-climatic. I'm still going to watch though, until it gets cancelled because we all know every shows like that gets cancelled eventually.
          Spoiler:

Comment

By "see him go" do you mean "Have it be mentioned flippantly that he was pushed off a cliff but never, ever shown" ?

Lol
            sigpic

Comment

By "see him go" do you mean "Have it be mentioned flippantly that he was pushed off a cliff but never, ever shown" ?

Lol
              Now that you mention it... I do not recall seeing him die lol
              Spoiler:

Comment

Yep.

A main character was killed off screen.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit nervous about a renewal for this show. The other times we new before even watching the current season, it was renewed. I noticed Momoa was listed as a producer of some sort.

I do find this show interesting to watch because of being Canadian and in school learning about the fur trade and this is kind of way more interesting. My daughter was walking by and saw Momoa in battle scene and asked if this was Game of Thrones (hasn't watched it yet but has seen memes) and I said no, it's actually a Canadian show with him being the lead. At least she knew it couldn't be his Atlantis character considering the get up he was in.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Yep.

A main character was killed off screen.
                    Yeah, that sucked! It just felt they were rushing the series near the end.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                      Yeah, that sucked! It just felt they were rushing the series near the end.
                      I mean I enjoyed this show a lot on S01 mainly because of what you said about history and the fur trade, s02 was good, have we heard anything about a s03?

Personally I kind of forgot about this show/thread and this series actually.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

That was season 3. We are waiting on word of season 4.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X