Default Star trek discovery- the brightiest Star, a unforgivable crime committed by the Fed

The Federation committed a unspeakable crime removing Saru from his people. They interfered in the possible evolution of there entire culture, denying this culture of not only of a genius able to learn from alien technology, but one with rebellious thoughts, that they should stand up to the people who kidnap them, That they should take and learn from their technology. that they should reach out to the cosmos.

Think how human history would be different if someone took people like Leonardo da Vinci or galileo or Einstein from us.

This is the whole point of the prime directive, to prevent the federation from interfering with the natural progression of a species. His removal from his species has set it back decades, even centuries.
    Last edited by knowles2; December 13th, 2018 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Star trek discovery- the brightiest Star, a unforgivable crime committed by the F

Not sure where this is coming from. When is it ever stated that Starfleet "removed" him from his world.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Default Re: Star trek discovery- the brightiest Star, a unforgivable crime committed by the F

Quote Originally Posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Not sure where this is coming from. When is it ever stated that Starfleet "removed" him from his world.
    Check out the third episode of the "Short Treks" series, "The Brightest Star."

Placing my reply to the original post in spoiler tags in case you've not seen it yet....
    Spoiler:
    While I think knowles2 might be being slightly bombastic in language, I think the point being made is largely correct. Starfleet has the Prime Directive -- even in this era -- for the exact reasons that knowles says. It was one thing when we believed that he was simply the only one of his kind to leave his world, "The Brightest Star" completely revises the backstory into something that is both a violation of Starfleet's highest law, and consequently, potentially seriously damaging the development of a pre-warp civilization.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War