Planet Populations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Populations

According to the official Stargate "manual" how many planets in the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies have as many people as Earth as opposed to just a handful or tens of thousands? For example, is the planet of Jonas Quinn the only other planet that has millions or billions of people?
    When it comes to coupling between Earthlings and other humans such as Satedans, Jaffa, Athosians, etc. are there any significant genetic issues that make marriage between them a problem? I remember wondering why it was so easy in Star Trek for Sarek to marry his Earth wife with no problem...…

Was there any reason why the producers of SG1 and SGA preferred human cultures resembling Earth during the Middle Ages, and especially English/Irish/Scottish cultures?
    Don't worry, I'll come up with more questions! I always do...

Originally posted by Davey View Post
    Was there any reason why the producers of SG1 and SGA preferred human cultures resembling Earth during the Middle Ages, and especially English/Irish/Scottish cultures?
    Don't worry, I'll come up with more questions! I always do...
    I can think of two reasons.
    THe first is ties to the first movie. They established than an alien race both can inhabit human bodies, once came to earth and influenced ancient cultures, and took humans form earth to enslave. So they just continued rolling that ball.

The second is a way to save money while not resorting to humans with ridges as aliens.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
    X