Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Crisis On Infinite Earths

Marc Guggenheim on Twitter just now responding to the question "how many unannounced characters will be in crisis about?"

"At least 6 in the first three hours."
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

The CW has never disappointed me with crossovers.
    Some might be "meh" such as the first arrow/flash one, or flash/Supergirl one, but they have never been actually BAD. If they can pull off something better than Elseworlds, then I would be asking them to take the helm of the future of the DCMU.
    Just don't do what marvel did and kill off it's Netflix shows. (CW equivalent) Daredevil and the punisher were damn brilliant and the actors really did not deserve to be killed in the marvel crossfire.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Another trailer, I'm not up to date on characters appearing so this trailer may reveal someone.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Part 1 was pretty great. Was surprised of his much action in part 1.
    Spoiler:
    Goodbye Earth 38. I refuse to believe Oliver is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Part 1 was pretty great. Was surprised of his much action in part 1.
    Spoiler:
    Goodbye Earth 38. I refuse to believe Oliver is gone
    I have to wait a few hours yet.

That is why I left the spoiler tags. I think you will be wowed
    Jelgate is right

I'm thinking about DVR'ing the 5 parts and waiting till next year to watch the whole thing.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Part one is great, cant wait for tonight's! So glad I've found a solution to my watching problem

I did start watching this now. Guess I'll rewatch 1-3 before they air 4-5 next year.

As I feared, it relies a great deal on the viewer being familiar with the other arrowverse shows. There's far too much backstory that I'm obviously missing.

But I am getting a kick from the numerous homages and lines outright lifted from the Alexander Salkind Superman movies back in the eighties and even before that.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I did start watching this now. Guess I'll rewatch 1-3 before they air 4-5 next year.

As I feared, it relies a great deal on the viewer being familiar with the other arrowverse shows. There's far too much backstory that I'm obviously missing.

But I am getting a kick from the numerous homages and lines outright lifted from the Alexander Salkind Superman movies back in the eighties and even before that.
    It's really only Arrow and flash you have to know, simply because they have been speaking about "the crisis" for their whole half seasons. (and sorta since elseworlds, off and on)
    Legends skipped elseworlds, and batwoman was hardly in it. Supergirl has hardly mentioned crisis at all.
    Even then, they are not really "required viewing", but Arrow certainly puts things into perspective.
    If I were to choose something to keep up on, it would be Arrow as this is the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    It's really only Arrow and flash you have to know, simply because they have been speaking about "the crisis" for their whole half seasons. (and sorta since elseworlds, off and on)
    Legends skipped elseworlds, and batwoman was hardly in it. Supergirl has hardly mentioned crisis at all.
    Even then, they are not really "required viewing", but Arrow certainly puts things into perspective.
    If I were to choose something to keep up on, it would be Arrow as this is the last season.
    I've never watched Arrow or The Flash. Only ones I ever got into were Supergirl, Legends and Batwoman.

Their is that risk of allienating some fans but I think the majority watch all the Arrowverse shows. And the ratings for crossovers speak for themselves
    Jelgate is right

I've never watched Arrow or The Flash. Only ones I ever got into were Supergirl, Legends and Batwoman.
    Why?

Why?
    Overall, I don't like the modern trend of heroes being team efforts, rather than the story of the hero or heroine doing things pretty much on their own.

For example, in the eighties, there was a TV show called "Knight Rider". The opening narration was "Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world of criminals who operate above the law."

And that's what it was; he was mostly out on his own, fighting the bad guys and hitting on the damsel in distress of the week, with resources of an organization known as F.L.A.G. The only contacts he had with this group was Devon Miles, his handler, and either Bonnie or April as the hot chick mechanic who maintained K.I.T.T., the talking supercar.

in 2008, someone tried a remake of that, but instead of that formula, Micheal was now directly assisted by a group of people back at base and sometimes in the field with him. Totally destroyed the very nature of the show. It failed after 1 season, I think.

The Arrowverse shows are all the group effort types as far as I can tell. I began watching SG due to it being part of the Superman franchise, picked up Legends along the way, mostly 'cause of Mick Rory, and Batwoman when it started. I don't yet know which way BW is going to go, it seems to be keeping her circle of assistants to the modern version of "Alfred" to some degree.

PS: And K.I.T.T. was a Pontiac Trans Am, not a freakin' Ford.

Overall, I don't like the modern trend of heroes being team efforts, rather than the story of the hero or heroine doing things pretty much on their own.

For example, in the eighties, there was a TV show called "Knight Rider". The opening narration was "Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world of criminals who operate above the law."

And that's what it was; he was mostly out on his own, fighting the bad guys and hitting on the damsel in distress of the week, with resources of an organization known as F.L.A.G. The only contacts he had with this group was Devon Miles, his handler, and either Bonnie or April as the hot chick mechanic who maintained K.I.T.T., the talking supercar.

in 2008, someone tried a remake of that, but instead of that formula, Micheal was now directly assisted by a group of people back at base and sometimes in the field with him. Totally destroyed the very nature of the show. It failed after 1 season, I think.

The Arrowverse shows are all the group effort types as far as I can tell. I began watching SG due to it being part of the Superman franchise, picked up Legends along the way, mostly 'cause of Mick Rory, and Batwoman when it started. I don't yet know which way BW is going to go, it seems to be keeping her circle of assistants to the modern version of "Alfred" to some degree.

At a bare minimum you should watch the first few seasons of Arrow. In season one he is nearly completely on his own and only starts getting an actual team together during season 3.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

I'm getting a lot of Endgame vibes from this

Knight rider in the 80's did have a team, the foundation.
    and PS, K.I.T.T. was a Pontiac firebird, not a trans Am. It's only called a trans am because it was famous for winning Trans-American races.

Knight rider in the 80's did have a team, the foundation.

and PS, K.I.T.T. was a Pontiac firebird, not a trans Am. It's only called a trans am because it was famous for winning Trans-American races.
    the Foundation for Law and Government was "F.L.A.G.", the supporting organization is what I referred to. Miles gave Micheal his assignments, and the tech maintained the car, but that was there was no group of people working with Micheal on each case, as was done in the failed reboot.

Regarding the car, the main model line was the Firebird (which Chevy had a version of also, the Camaro). The Trans Am (and Z-28) was on add-on optional equipment package including larger engines and various graphics, spoilers and such depending on the model year. You may remember the "screaming chicken" decal on the hood. K.I.T.T. was supposed to have that option package, although by the 1980's it was no longer used in quite so large a form.

I've got the entire series on DVD; next time I rewatch, I'll see if I can see where it is on KITT.

KITT does not have the firebird decals.
    All I was saying is that it's not called a "trans am" by the makers of the car.

Why do you hate teams so much?

I think you know GF. It's pretty obvious given Annoyed's hate
    Jelgate is right