Avengers: Endgame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avengers: Endgame

Thought Id make a new thread with the official title and trailer.

My observations:

1) Is there any doubt that Tony is going to be rescued by Captain Marvel?

2) End of the trailer said April, but the release date is scheduled for May. I guess they're moving it up again, like they did with Infinity War

3) So Thor didn't have a lot to do.

4) That Thanos scarecrow was...uh...?

5) Ah Scotty, bringing the laughs. Apparently he somehow gets himself out of his cliffhanger situation from the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp

6) Tony seemingly suffocating alone in space is a solid echo of the end of the first Avengers and the PTSD he’s had ever since
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I predict that everyone who got flaked is going to get unflaked. But everyone who died before the flaking is going to stay dead. And that the original Avengers are all going to die in order to get it done. Then it'll end with a statue and a speech on how they are the galaxy's greatest hero's.

Then again, it might not happen in this movie. Didn't Elizabeth Olsen suggest that this isn't the last movie and that things were going to get worse?

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
        I predict that everyone who got flaked is going to get unflaked. But everyone who died before the flaking is going to stay dead. And that the original Avengers are all going to die in order to get it done. Then it'll end with a statue and a speech on how they are the galaxy's greatest hero's.
        I suspect it'll go like the Guardians of the Galaxy ending: they hold hands, each wielding an Infinity Stone. Briefly they're gods, undoing Thanos' damage, but they die from the after effects.

Comment

I hope that there's a somewhat happy ending. I want to see Tony marry Pepper. As they are the only relationship that has been there since the beginning. It will be a good conclusion to show how far he had become from Iron man. I can see other characters dying such as Steve or Thor in order to defeat Thanos.

Anyhow, great trailer. I can't wait for this movie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post

Then again, it might not happen in this movie. Didn't Elizabeth Olsen suggest that this isn't the last movie and that things were going to get worse?
            I don't think so. Everything I've heard before now was that this was the END end for the old guard. And that it concludes the storylines set up in Iron Man 1. I've even heard it compared to Return of the Jedi. And I assume they meant that as Return of the Jedi in it's original context, not the context it has now.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

New trailer this morning. Presumably the final trailer, since the movie is only six weeks away.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just came here to post this. Hits right in the feels!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Only thing Ive noticed is the similarity between the new suits and Hanks quantum realm suit

And thats all the speculating Im doing...

Comment

Minor but not remotely surprising little spoiler that's in the trailer (as in, it's not something I read online, this is literally something that happens in the trailer that could potentially be a tiny spoiler for the movie)

Spoiler:
                    When they were doing their dramatic walk in their new Mass Effect cosplay uniforms in the Avengers hangar....Tony and Nebula were in the shot, wearing the uniforms too.

Comment

True.
                      I think they cut the trailer in such a way as to be massively deceptive though. I have a theory about how it will play out based on things I have seen and read, but are we discussing theories here?
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

In marked spoiler tags yes?

I reckon they've cut the trailer like Captain Marvels.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          In marked spoiler tags yes?
                          So we treat theory as "potential spoilers"?, I can roll with that.
                          I reckon they've cut the trailer like Captain Marvels.
                          Deceptive?
                          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did. I've also been hearing some rumblings that all the footage in the trailer comes from the first 15 minutes of the film (though I'd be surprised if that's the case for the team strutting through the hangar in their Mass Effect cosplay armour).

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did. I've also been hearing some rumblings that all the footage in the trailer comes from the first 15 minutes of the film (though I'd be surprised if that's the case for the team strutting through the hangar in their Mass Effect cosplay armour).
                              I don't think it's the first 15 minutes, I think it is bits that are unrelated being cut togeather to look cohesive. the whole "white suit, mass effect" seems to be coming in from later, but cut to look like it comes in early based on that report. I think the remaining Avengers (plus Captain Marvel) are going to launch some kind of attack on Thanos early on and fail totally -before- Tony and Nebula get back, and then have to deal with that failure for years before both Tony and Ant-Man get to share technology to create some Stark/Pym Hybrid tech.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X