Blade Runner (anime series) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner (anime series) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

I'm sure we have threads somewhere regarding the Blade Runner movies, but since GW's forum search often straddles the border between "unhelpful" and "useless" -- and because this is a new entry into the franchise -- I thought I'd open up a new one!

It has been announced that Crunchyroll and Adult Swim have partnered up to create a 13 half-hour episode anime TV series set in the Blade Runner universe. It's set to have all episodes directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama, as soon as they finish up with their Ghost in the Shell reboot, and the series's creative producer will be Shinichiro Watanabe -- the writer/director of the "Blade Runner Black Out 2022" short film that was released as a promotional video for Blade Runner 2049 (and later included on the home media releases).

The series will be set between Black Out and BR2049, in 2032.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life
Working...
X