• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elseworlds, Part 3 (409)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON FOUR
    ELSEWORLDS, PART 3
    EPISODE NUMBER - 409
    After Dr. Deegan takes another shot at rewriting reality Oliver and Barry find themselves on the run from the law, with Kara locked up inside Star Labs -- and a dark Superman reigning supreme.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 December 2018, 04:27 PM.

I enjoyed this crossover. I really don't know if there was a need for the black-costume superman as the "big bad." I just wanna know what deal Ollie made with the Monitor. I have all three episodes on DVR and plan to do a rewatch. Maybe I'll pick up on it then.
    sigpic

Comment

Probably some price he will pay in next year's crossover
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't think much of the crossover. It felt messy and they were jumping all over the place. Too much was going on in a short time. Kate kane/Batwoman was wasted after the build-up for her. It felt stiff. Don't know if it was the acting or the way it was writen. Very disappointed they didn't use Lena at all in any of the changed times. All in all a disappointing crossover
        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this crossover, felt like a 3 part movie and much better than some of the actual movies!

Olivers deal definately sounds ominous though

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Probably some price he will pay in next year's crossover
            You are right!

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            I really enjoyed this crossover, felt like a 3 part movie and much better than some of the actual movies!

Olivers deal definately sounds ominous though
            Yes, his deal does sound ominous! I'm hoping that it isn't something that will drive a deeper wedge between him and Felicity.
            sigpic

Comment

I imagine they used the black Superman outfit because it looks cool, plus you can tell which Superman is which when they had their fight scene.

I thought this was the weakest part of the crossover, mainly because I'm not that big a fan of the Supergirl show. I haven't watched the current season at all yet, I usually wait and catch up on it later, when it gets to Netflix.

Comment

I kept hoping Superman was finally going to do something important and actually save the day himself for once. But every time they teased that he was going to, he failed. They make a big deal about how they need to get Superman to stop Deegen, but when Superman finally confronts him and gets a whole action scene to himself, he gets beaten up and Kara saves him. When it seems like he is going to save reality, he fails and Deegan steal the book back. When he confronts the big bad in the big climax, he gets beaten up again. Brainiac 5 defeats Amazo instead of him and Oliver saves the day instead of him. Even Lois did more damage to evil Superman than him.

The Arrowverse has always done a bad job of making Superman feel important. I always thought it was a problem that Clark feels like he's superfluous with Kara around, but the ending made me realize that's the whole point. It's not even subtext that Clark is unnecessary, it's main text: "The world doesn't need Superman if it has Supergirl."

The show isn't even pretending that he has any other purpose other than to make it clear that Supergirl is so much better than him. Lois even says outright that "women are better than men in a Crisis" suggesting that maybe they are trying to make it clear he will not be important in the next big crossover either.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  I kept hoping Superman was finally going to do something important and actually save the day himself for once. But every time they teased that he was going to, he failed. They make a big deal about how they need to get Superman to stop Deegen, but when Superman finally confronts him and gets a whole action scene to himself, he gets beaten up and Kara saves him. When it seems like he is going to save reality, he fails and Deegan steal the book back. When he confronts the big bad in the big climax, he gets beaten up again. Brainiac 5 defeats Amazo instead of him and Oliver saves the day instead of him. Even Lois did more damage to evil Superman than him.

The Arrowverse has always done a bad job of making Superman feel important. I always thought it was a problem that Clark feels like he's superfluous with Kara around, but the ending made me realize that's the whole point. It's not even subtext that Clark is unnecessary, it's main text: "The world doesn't need Superman if it has Supergirl."

The show isn't even pretending that he has any other purpose other than to make it clear that Supergirl is so much better than him. Lois even says outright that "women are better than men in a Crisis" suggesting that maybe they are trying to make it clear he will not be important in the next big crossover either.
                  This show has always been an estrogenfest.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Very disappointed they didn't use Lena at all in any of the changed times. All in all a disappointing crossover
                    Remember, reality was only changed on Earth 1, so the Lena we know wasn't impacted by the reality changes. That was kind of confusing, but the Alex we saw was Earth 1 Alex, not the one from Supergirl.

Comment

I agree about the disappointment. The crossover events usually have trouble wrapping up the main threads.

As for Earth-1 Alex, I agree with others that I wish Kara would have checked in with her.

I hope Ollie's deal will get revealed this season or at least touched on a few times. If it's not, then it will just feel like crap when he spends a full year re-connecting with Felicity only to then reveal he had this whole secret to himself the whole time.

The writers do a better job when their stories are more self-contained, like the "identity crisis" episode The Flash and Ollie had. That could have easily just been a single episode. But I think they fell into the use of gimicks with parts 2 and 3.

Enjoyable yes, but it doesn't work as a continuous story.

Comment

Just wanted post something in response to an incorrect article:

"Good thing Deegan didn't say what else he had seen in the Book of Destiny: that she and The Flash were slated to die in the upcoming "Crisis on Infinite Earths,""

People have been getting this wrong for a FULL year. I just rewatched Elseworlds: Hour Three again, just to make sure.

At the 26 minute and 20 second mark, the team has the conversation. Superman specifically says the book says Barry and Supergirl die doing what they do in Elseworlds, NOT Crisis.

That is why Oliver sought out the Monitor. So that Barry and Kara will be around FOR the Crisis.

Of course, Oliver didn't know that Barry saw an article where he is lost during the Crisis. So Oliver didn't know what he was destined to make this deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X