Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (3710 / 1110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos (3710 / 1110)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 37 (11)
    THE BATTLE OF RANSKOOR AV KOLOS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3710 / 1110
    The Doctor and her companions answer a series of urgent distress calls from a mysterious world, where a pair of religious worshipers seek to defend their Creator, a salvage commander has lost his memory -- and an old foe threatens the lives of his crew.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 December 2018, 08:26 PM.

"You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I guessed we might be seeing Tim Shaw again but just felt the writing wasnt great though...

Had more urgengy about it though and some throwbacks which was nice to see.

Also, is it me or has the Doctor seemed to know a lot less this series about the universe? As in all these species shes never heard of...

Comment

Interresting, for me this was the first Episode this Season, where I recognized Doctor Who. I will need a rewatch, but I really liked it.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I was the opposite... more of the Doctor just not having the on screen presence, not having "it".

The return of "Tim Shaw" was not a shock, not unwelcome, and him having become a god was actually a great twist... But they had to go and turn it into a humongous - planet eating - threat. For me, the moments the Earth is threatened, there's no suspense.

Overall, disappointed in the whole season. Kind of didn't mind the companions but Graham was the only one who had a reasonable amount of screen time. Sorry, but 3 companions has never worked. Ok - back in 1963 - 1965 it worked, probably because most stories went for 100min to 150min. But having a TARDIS full of people has proven troublesome ever since, and I can't believe it was tried yet again.
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Actually dozed off while watching this.. will have to rewatch.. I got the general plot though.
            I didn't like "Tim Shaw" the first time, and I didn't like him any better.

And of course, Graham had to be given the "we don't kill" speech... And of course, he didn't.

I like Whittaker but I'm definitely "Meh" about the stories this year..

And I hear we have to wait till 2020 for the next season. Ungh.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Actually dozed off while watching this.. will have to rewatch.. I got the general plot though.
              I didn't like "Tim Shaw" the first time, and I didn't like him any better.

And of course, Graham had to be given the "we don't kill" speech... And of course, he didn't.

I like Whittaker but I'm definitely "Meh" about the stories this year..

And I hear we have to wait till 2020 for the next season. Ungh.
              And instead of the traditional Christmas special, there'll be a New Year's special premiering Tuesday, Jan. 1 at 8 PM entitled 'Resolution'.
              Total syffy posts: 36,690
              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
              Matthew 5:9

Comment

I think the best test of whether you've enjoyed this season is if you were expecting a new episode tonight and then were disappointed when you remembered last week was the season finale. I know that's my feeling. At least we have the New Year's special to look forward to (as well as the holiday marathon starting at 4am (US ET) Christmas Eve on BBC America.

Whenever they run holiday marathons or marathons as a lead-in to a new season, I always try to pick episodes I haven't seen for a while, though invariably I also pick out a few favorites that I will watch anytime they're on.

Comment

Ratings for 2018 were the highest on average since 2013.

I guess what I'm hearing is, I'm out of tune with Doctor Who, Capaldi was the Doctor I always wanted... (even if it was poorly delivered for the most part) yet the UK audience (I'm talking UK ratings here, btw - which doesn't reflect my own home viewing, nor I guess most Gateworldians) appear to have enjoyed Whitaker/Chibnall.
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

I'm good with Whittaker as The Doctor, but I'm not gonna be sad if we get a new writing team next season. I didn't like most of the stories this year.

Comment

I believe Chibnall's intention was to change the series "back" into - Doctor travels the universe having "fun", as opposed to the NuWho pattern which has been a lot more grande and universal-doom dependent.

I appreciate that decision.

However, that said, I need the Doctor to be the smartest person in the room. I need the Doctor to either be able to stay one foot ahead, or side-step the baddies, most of the time. I need the Doctor to speak with authority, to demand attention.

I'm not seeing that with Whitaker.

Perhaps it is down to the writing, and she can save it.

Maybe nothing needs saving, and I just need to go watch The Mind Robber for the next 2 years...
                      and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                      X