Ring transporter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring transporter question

hey everyone i did a search and came up empty, but has it even been explained how the rings are stored in the platform or how a platform can be moved from place to place and not dig a hole in the ground for it?

It was never explicitly stated but it is assumed that the rings themselves are stored in the platform itself in a more compact form. I'm actually thinking of a scene from Line in the Sand where a platform is dropped and it can immediately deploy rings.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Well, the entire system is built around dematerializing matter, so I think it stands to reason that the system could probably dematerialize all (or maybe all but one?) of its own rings within the base mechanism and then just rematerialize them as needed.

That's 100% speculation though, I don't think it was ever explained in any of the series.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
      X