Fires in Malibu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fires in Malibu

For those who haven't read this yet, Joe Flannigan lost his home in the fires in Malibu. He is safe and has been helping others survive this tragedy.

Richard Dean Anderson's home is directly in the path of the fires. He evacuated with his dogs and they are safe.

Ben Browder had to evacuate because his home was in the danger zone.

I seem top recall that Beau Bridges lives fairly near Ben Browder's home, but haven't seen anything yet about him.

Quite a few celebrities lived in the Paradise area and have either lost their homes or their homes have been threatened by the fires.

They will all survive this and rebuild and carry on.

I can't imagine how awful that would be to lose everything or nearly everything and have to start over.

EDIT:

Rick's house was apparently saved, though he did not stay evacuated, preferring to stay behind and help where he could.
    Last edited by hedwig; 11 November 2018, 10:03 PM.

It is tragic and we can't even help them either. They are still looking for 200+ missing people.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's not just celebrities loosing their houses and belongings here -- ordinary people are impacted all the same.

Animals lost, people lost... and no end in sight, it seems. The more saved, though, the better. The community is certainly coming together there.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Stay away from Red Cross, but you can donate to several charities. There is/will be desperate need for living essentials in the next couple of weeks.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Joe is selling autographs to get back on his feet. I'm buying on once I can think of a good phrase for him to write on it.

I live pretty close to the wildfires. Everyone was ready to grab their pets and emergency kits and leave. It was hard to breathe often. The smoke gave me migraines, too.

I feel sorry I can only afford one autograph. It must be horrible.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            Joe is selling autographs to get back on his feet. I'm buying on once I can think of a good phrase for him to write on it.
            His agent is selling autographs. And I doubt he needs the cash, considering where his house used to be.
            I sincerely hope the money will be used to help a whole lot of people who probably need it more than he does.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Im with FH. I have a hard believing he is struggling with cash unless he made some really really bad investments and didn't buy that house insurance
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
              X