Default Untitled live-action TV series -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Yes, Star Wars fans, Disney has announced a second live-action Star Wars TV series that will premiere on Disney+ (formerly Disney Play) -- featuring Diego Luna returning to the role of Cassian Andor. Full story:

CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED

Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for the latest updates.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Default Re: Untitled live-action TV series -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

And now Disney has hired The Americans executive producer Stephen Schiff to be showrunner on this series.

A guy who was EP on an acclaimed fictional real-world spy series, coming aboard to produce an in-the-trenches spy Star Wars series? That sounds like a perfect creative stew to me!

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War

Default Re: Untitled live-action TV series -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

This series begins filming in October, so a premiere is almost certainly not till sometime in 2020.

12345678War910111213

The Last Great Time War