Andor TV series (Rogue One prequel): Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andor TV series (Rogue One prequel): Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers

Yes, Star Wars fans, Disney has announced a second live-action Star Wars TV series that will premiere on Disney+ (formerly Disney Play) -- featuring Diego Luna returning to the role of Cassian Andor. Full story:

CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED

Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for the latest updates.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

And now Disney has hired The Americans executive producer Stephen Schiff to be showrunner on this series.

A guy who was EP on an acclaimed fictional real-world spy series, coming aboard to produce an in-the-trenches spy Star Wars series? That sounds like a perfect creative stew to me!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This series begins filming in October, so a premiere is almost certainly not till sometime in 2020.

Comment

News!

Alan Tudyk will be returning as K-2SO!
        The showrunner will be Stephen Schiff, showrunner of The Americans!
        It will premiere in 2021!

Comment

Someone is on his celebrations feed
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Someone is on his celebrations feed
            Ha, not even....Disney had their presser for the launch of Disney+ today. I saw it on Disney's Twitter.

I'm hoping for even MORE from Celebration!

Comment

Are you going Digi?
              sigpic

Comment

I really really really wish I was. I should've got tickets--Chicago is probably geographically as close as a Celebration will ever be to where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I really really really wish I was. I should've got tickets--Chicago is probably geographically as close as a Celebration will ever be to where I live.
                  I give up Easter for our local con, but given I am not a huge chocolate fan, it's a bit easier
                  sigpic

Comment

Disney has brought Rogue One writer Tony Gilroy aboard to write the show and direct several episodes.

http://www.theforce.net/v3-story/fro...lus_185385.asp

Comment

New Star Wars show based on the exploits of Rebel intel operator Cassian Andor (Rogue One)

First official "info trailer" on the show, looks like they are getting along in production. No word on release date

Critics of this and other SW's shows to come have said how can a whole series be based around one character? Well as in Mandalorian, we have seen how.

I am sure he will have his missions and in these he may very well interact with characters we know from other films or shows, and most likely, more stuff out of Legends

Very possible he may have interaction with characters from REBELS so yet another opportunity for us to see them in live action

How cool would it be to have him interacting with Alexsandr Kallus,, before or after he flipped from imperial to rebel?

Last edited by magi877; 10 December 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X