Star Trek: Lower Decks -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Video is unavailable to everyone but the USA.

[...and yet, I tried to click it, against my better judgement...]

i don't know if this will be any better, this is the direct link to the CBS web site where you MIGHT be able to watch it.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-...econd-contact/

Comment

No, it's not available in my region.

I have to turn on my VPN but that'll have to wait for later... If it works then I'll let you know.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As I understand it, this show is about the misadventures of a bunch of entry level Starfleet cadets.

What is the big deal about a bunch of cadets? I mean, they just don't make that big a difference unless they're asleep at the switch when phasers need to fire or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          As I understand it, this show is about the misadventures of a bunch of entry level Starfleet cadets.

What is the big deal about a bunch of cadets? I mean, they just don't make that big a difference unless they're asleep at the switch when phasers need to fire or some such.
          They're Ensigns so they're academy graduates but otherwise yes that is the point of the show.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I was looking for trailers on CTV, but discovered the pilot is free (Canada).

Comment

Having now seen episode two, I can definitely say it's the kind of show you need to watch two or three times to catch all the nods and winks to Star Trek's history.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I find it funny that the violent borderline psychotic security chief is a Bajoran. That seems so different than the Bajorans we saw in the past
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved the expression of "Oh no, not this guy again." on the face of the Starfleet officer at the embassy when Mariner and Boimler dumped the drunk and insensible Ko'rin on their doorstep.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'm really, really enjoying this show so far. It feels like comfort food. It's a familiar aesthetic, and while irreverent, stops short of being a parody. And underneath the hyperactive humor is genuine, classically-Trek heart and affirmation. This show will absolutely keep me satiated during the wait for Disco season 3. Very very satisfied Trekkie here.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I see AliExpress has Lower Decks style uniforms for sale. Shame they're not in my size.
                      sigpic

Comment

I feel like a few of the Bajorans we met had an element of violent anger bubbling under the surface, with this guy its just much closer to the surface

Comment

Star Trek: Lower Decks Arrives On Blu-Ray and DVD

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

‘Star Trek: Lower Decks’ Renewed For Season 3 As Second Season Gets Teaser & Premiere Date On Paramount+

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Anbo-jyutsu!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Anbo-jyutsu!!!!
                                That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thumbnail of the video.

I have been thinking about getting it on DVD because if enough fans are enjoying it, for it to get renewed, then it might be worth getting, so I can check the series out.

Comment

Working...
                                X