Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIABLO - Netflix's adaptation series 2018-2019 - Speculation & Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIABLO - Netflix's adaptation series 2018-2019 - Speculation & Discussion!

So I thought this was a joke at first but it seems that we got .... FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!!!!! (brought to you by The Butcher)

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/di...ing-to-netflix

I am no fan of animated series, but if they don't mess it up I would really enjoy a Diablo 1 series. The story and soundtrack of Diablo 1 will always stay in my memories, I was 6 years old at the time it got out! I remember watching my older brothers play and I was terrified, that was until my dad or mom kicked me out of the room with a spanking.

Anybody heard anything else / additional rumors in regards to this? I NEED insider knowledge! Diablo 1 had such a great story, characters and ambience. The soundtrack was one of a kind as well, man did Blizzard make great games during the 90s!
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

I loved D2. The trapassins were my favorite : "who I kill, stay dead".

We will see how an animated Diablo show could work. I wish they could make a live action StarCraft show. That would be more important for me.

Netflix ordered the Witcher series as well. LOTR show is also coming to Amazon, so we will get some high quality fantasy. Finally.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I loved D2. The trapassins were my favorite : "who I kill, stay dead".

We will see how an animated Diablo show could work. I wish they could make a live action StarCraft show. That would be more important for me.

Netflix ordered the Witcher series as well. LOTR show is also coming to Amazon, so we will get some high quality fantasy. Finally.
      Trapassins were overpowered in duels, that I can remember. For me, I was the guy that everybody hated because back in the days people used to have sh*tty computers, and I was always playing summon necromancer. Before they got nerfed, with good gear and maxed out character, I had 35 skels, 35 skels mages, 1 golem, 1 merc + 35 revives. I just loved having my little army, but the lag I caused was pissing everybody off lol.

As for LOTR, I didn't know that and I truly hope they don't dumb it down like they did with the Hobbits movies, didn't enjoy these much.

I'm not a fan of anime either, actually I don't think I ever watched an anime at all, but I'm a big fan of D2 so I will probably give it a shot, if it ever comes to our screens.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Undead Unases...

I loved all of them, but my favorite was the Assassin, the Amazon and the Druid. I played the less with Paladin and Barbarian. But most of them were well balanced. Even if there were big fights for dropped items. Hehe.

I haven't bought Diabloe 3 yet. One of the new expansion has given the Necromancer, so you can play your favorite cast again.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I haven't bought Diabloe 3 yet. One of the new expansion has given the Necromancer, so you can play your favorite cast again.
          Too late. They hit levels of screw-ups that are off the charts. Most of the fanbase is angry towards Blizzard for D3, man the hype was immense but they delivered a bad game. Stats / skills points are all but gone, everything is scaled with your items now.

I bought this game, played a few hours and never looked back. I must say its much better on console, but still. But, Blizzard said that they were working on *many projects* in regards to Diablo and rumors say that they are going to do a D2 remake. I wouldn't be surprised if this game follows shortly after the show to build some hype and nostalgia.
          Spoiler:

Comment

I believe they are working on Diablo 4 even if it wasn't announced officially yet.

Comment

I believe they are working on Diablo 4 even if it wasn't announced officially yet.
              I'm still waiting for Warcraft 4....
              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
              X