Arachnids in the U.K. (3704 / 1104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
    Yes, I've seen all episodes from 2005 and on. I've seen many moments of insecurity of the Doctors of past. I'm just not sold on her as the doctor yet. Even with Capaldi showing insecurities, I could see right away what kind of personality he was going to have as a Doctor. Much more abrasive and cutting than the previous three Doctors, who also established what kind of personalities as Doctors they were going to have very early in. At least to me they did.
    I suggest going back to the transition between 4 and 5, I really do.
    I don't know what kind of Doctor Jodie wants to be. I feel like I am watching an actress who doesn't quite know what to do with this role. However in all fairness, it's early. Maybe it is just going to take her longer to find her footing that the others did.
    Sure, but lets look at Capaldi. You say you got he was going to be more cutting and abrasive right out of the gate, and that's completely fair, What I have noticed is that Jodie's Doctor is more empathetic and compassionate right out of the gate.
    It took time to see how those traits would mesh with the "default doctor" sensibilities.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
    X