Babylon 5's Richard Biggs Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5's Richard Biggs Has Died

Very sad news. It appears Richard Biggs, who played Dr. Franklin in Babylon 5 has died suddenly at the very young age of 43. I also remember Richard Biggs playing Marcus on Days of Our Lives.

From B5TV.com

http://www.b5tv.com/greatmaker/articles/288/

J. Michael Straczynski broke the news of Richard's death in a post to the moderated B5 newsgroup:

"I was awakened today with several phone calls from cast members and Doug [Netter] to pass along the terrible news that this morning, Richard Biggs passed away.

"We're still gathering information, so take none of this as firm word, but what seems to have happened, happened quickly. He woke up, got up out of bed...and went down. The paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an aneurysm or a massive stroke.

"His family members have been informed, and all of the the cast have, as far as we can determine, also been informed.

"This is a terrible loss for all of us. Richard was a consummate professional but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy. If he gave you his word on something, you never had to wonder about it afterward. He was always helpful and supportive of all the cast, even those who only came in for one episode, always with a ready smile and determined to do whatever it took to make the scene work. He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and everyone here is just devastated at the news.

"More word as this develops. We may try to have some kind of fund raiser to help give whatever assistance may be helpful for his kids.

"We all miss him terribly."
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

he was a guest on some show that i watch...sometime in the past couple of weeks i'd seen him on something, i just can't remember at the moment.

this is sort of like Kevin Smith - Ares on Hercules...it's hard enough when older actors pass away. You're sorta prepared for that...but it's a shock when younger ones die.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

He will be missed and my prayers to the family of Richard.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

*jaw hits floor*

RIP is all I can say right now!

43 is way to young to get booted out of the game.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

For anyone who is interested, there is a thread to leave messages for Richard Biggs family at:

http://www.thegalacticgateway.com/ph...opic.php?t=342

There is also an address to send cards via mail in the thread

Pat Tallman has posted that she will be printing out the messages and taking them to the service on Wednesday.

He seemed like such a nice guy. He leaves behind a wife and two sons.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Oh my god. My jaw has just hit the floor too. How awful. Sorry, I just don't know what to say.
            Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

This was such a shock when I heard about it. And right before B5 universe was supposed to have some big news about an upcoming project. RIP.

Phil
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Very very sad...
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                X