No announcement yet.

Evolution (908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you guys are well informed. Did I hear correctly when they mentioned Gimple isn't involved in the show anymore?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Not day-to-day, no. At the end of Season 8 he was promoted from showrunner to ‘chief content officer,’ meaning that he doesn’t deal with the individual minutiae of any single part of the AMC TWD franchise, but he controls the overall direction.

Starting with Season 9, staff writer Angela Kang became showrunner on the main TWD series. From what we’ve heard, she, whoever it is that’s running FTWD, whoever is running the movies, they all have free reign day to day. But Gimple checks in on all of them fairly regularly to make sure the franchise as a whole is moving in the same direction and coordinating effectively.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

God, Jesus - no!

I know that you can't get too comfy with any characters in TWD, but honestly never saw that coming! Oh man!

I totally agree that the episode was beautifully shot; very atmospheric - in fact almost felt like a whole different show! I don't recall seeing anything like it from TWD - almost felt like Buffy or something (but better).

I too am not a comic reader, so it's kind of fun tagging along here, with people who have some idea what to expect, and getting these glimpses of the future, but of course it's never exact, especially now things have diverged so far from the comics.

When Negan found his cell door open, I half expected him not to actually walk out... Very curious to see what happens there! Frankly what I'm seeing so far excites me - as noted elsewhere I think he should be the figure that assumes the mantle left by Rick, and with Maggie gone, I feel that's almost possible. I certainly still do not see Daryl being the "prime".
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          ]When Negan found his cell door open, I half expected him not to actually walk out... Very curious to see what happens there! Frankly what I'm seeing so far excites me - as noted elsewhere I think he should be the figure that assumes the mantle left by Rick, and with Maggie gone, I feel that's almost possible. I certainly still do not see Daryl being the "prime".
          I see Michonne taking on that role more than anything. Negan has too much history, his journey will have to be a long one. First, he's got to strike out on his own and see if likes it or misses having company. Or he could just decide that it's easier to live in a cage where they feed you AND protect you as long as he stays put. Or he might just see his skills are too rusty.

That "dodge'! WOW! I didn't know what to expect at all, I'm a scifi guy and had fallen into the thinking of zombies evolving. That was wholly creepy.

If I wasn't hooked before, this sold me on the season right there!

Comment

Working...
          X