No announcement yet.

What Comes After (905)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few months late as normal, but finally got to this...

With all the old faces, I was waiting for Carl... surely he'd be the last "ghost"... but no. Actually pretty disappointed on that count, leaving it with Sasha...??

Sure, the episode wasn't an action packed ****storm, but it was a very nice bookend to Rick's story, riding on a horse once more.. revisiting the past.. I guess I'm just a nostalgic idiot.

The fact that the end of the ep shows the time jump (that we were expecting to arrive some time back) wasn't a huge shock as such, however it completely says to me that Rick is dead - there's no way he's spent 6 years somewhere else and not found his way home.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Few months late as normal, but finally got to this...
      Hey I just saw the season a few months ago on Netflix. I'm always going to be behind.

Like you I loved the nostalgia. The helicopter, the horse riding, him being put back into a medical bed essentially. And it was great seeing old faces I did not expect that. Heck, I didn't know that Rick was going to leave mid-season. So that's another reason I am happy to be watching these episodes away from the current discussions as I don't want to be spoiled.

Speaking of which, it seems I can't report any spoilers posted in this thread about episodes that are after this one.

I think why some people may not like it, is that Daryl, Maggie, Oceanside, and co were all focused on their grievances. They abandoned Rick to deal with the herd and thus came way too late to help him.

He was never a perfect leader or made the right calls all the time. The post-apoc survival will take it's toll on anyone. But since being at Alexandria, seeing what they built, what they had planned....and hearing Carl's dream for unification and of a return to more conventional trade and rehabilitation for prisoners.

Well, he just grew into a much better leader. A leader not just for one community, but for all of them. He died taking out a huge herd saving Alexandria and Hilltop at least.

It's been an amazing journey and story to witness. I do not regret watching this show nor do I plan to have the 9th season be the last I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        Well, he just grew into a much better leader. A leader not just for one community, but for all of them. He died taking out a huge herd saving Alexandria and Hilltop at least.

It's been an amazing journey and story to witness. I do not regret watching this show nor do I plan to have the 9th season be the last I see.
        Sorry about any spoilers that may be popping up. Bit hard when it's very post fact to hide sometimes.

I've actually stopped watching the show now myself, about half way into the first non-Rick season. But, don't let that worry you. I am pretty sure it was still getting a reasonable amount of viewers.

Regarding Rick - he may or may not be dead. When Lincoln left the series, it was stated that it would be for him to appear in a Walking Dead (tv) movie/s. Of course - that was now a long time ago, and as far as I'm aware, nothing has come of it to date. So, with COVID, etc, who knows...

But... This I will put in spoilers, and let you decide if you want to open... RE the show's future:

Spoiler:
        It's been cancelled. They are wrapping it up I think with the series that is currently airing.
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

Sorry about any spoilers that may be popping up. Bit hard when it's very post fact to hide sometimes.
          No worries, it's essentially in all the s9 episode threads before he actually leaves. So you are not alone in this.

I am very interested in s10 since it has been stretched due to the 2020 pandemic.

Comment

Working...
          X