Episode? Planet with massive server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode? Planet with massive server

Can you help figure out what episode this moment occurred in?... I think it was probably in Stargate SG-1...

The team was getting a tour from a local, and Sam? asked "what is that?" and the guide replied that is the planet's main computer. A short conversation began about offsite backup, which they had. Sam was impressed and the episode moved on. The planet's core computer or server was not the focus of the episode I don't believe, it was just a 'wow' moment.

Can anyone identify this episode for me? Thanks.

Maybe it is the SG-1 5x20 Sentinel.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Maybe it is the SG-1 5x20 Sentinel.
      I am not sure that is the episode, but I will try to find a way to watch it.

IIRC, In that episode I think they were trying to repair a planet shielding device out in the countryside. That device is not what I am searching for.
      I recall this "planet computer core" as a whole building in a city that ran their internet.

Comment

Pharaoh Hamenhotep whispered me that maybe you are looking for the "7x05 Revisions".
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That could be it, I will definitely check it out! Thanks Platschu.

Comment

I thought Revisions to start with but the computer is very much a focus of that episode.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I actually think it might be sentinel. I recall there was a scene where they ask the NID guys how they found the sentinel. The way they describe dit was they were being taken for a tour of the area and oen of them was like "hey, what's that" and the guide told them about the sentinel.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Something involving the Tollans?

Comment

As I recall the sentinel was just a small device less than 6 ft high. That was not it.

Comment

Originally posted by joshk View Post
                    As I recall the sentinel was just a small device less than 6 ft high. That was not it.
                    Hi Josh,

Who's with Carter in the episode you describe? Daniel or Jonas // Jack or Mitchell?

That'll just make it easier to find.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                    X